New Box

Hydrogenics

Indiana
Hello everyone! I am kinda new to car audio, so pardon my lack of knowledge, but I am considering getting a new box, and I have a few questions.

First, My setup is 2 12" Champion Series Subwoofer with Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coil (Model: TS-W311D4)

BOSS Audio R1600M - Riot 1600 Watt, 2/4 Ohm Stable Class A/B, Monoblock

and a Ported box w/ 2 vents (one on each side next to the sub) that is tuned to around 35-36 hz

the new box that I am looking at getting is a ported dual 12 that is tuned at 32hz. https://www.amazon.com/VENTED-TUNED-32-3-20-Cu-Ft-SUBWOOFER-ENCLOSURE/dp/B00UKI2XAC/ref=sr_1_40?ie=UTF8&qid=1521472568&sr=8-40&keywords=dual+12+subwoofer+box Here it is.

I am just wondering how much of a difference there will be in how the lows will respond and hit.

I hope this is enough info //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Thanks

Hello everyone! I am kinda new to car audio, so pardon my lack of knowledge, but I am considering getting a new box, and I have a few questions.
First, My setup is 2 12" Champion Series Subwoofer with Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coil (Model: TS-W311D4)

and a Ported box w/ 2 vents (one on each side next to the sub) that is tuned to around 35-36 hz

the new box that I am looking at getting is a ported dual 12 that is tuned at 32hz. https://www.amazon.com/VENTED-TUNED-32-3-20-Cu-Ft-SUBWOOFER-ENCLOSURE/dp/B00UKI2XAC/ref=sr_1_40?ie=UTF8&qid=1521472568&sr=8-40&keywords=dual+12+subwoofer+box Here it is.

I am just wondering how much of a difference there will be in how the lows will respond and hit.

I hope this is enough info //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Thanks
Ported properly over sealed you’ll hear a big difference....

#1 problem with system is that amp does about 180rms u really need to let us help u find a good amp.. that box isn't the worst prefab at least it's tuned low but it doesn't have enough port area (should have 2 of those) however if u must run that amp the port is probably big enough for the power u will have.. i can show u box that is better (u can message builder and request lower tuning and change height or depth to fit your car) but more $, shipping is high..

#1 problem with system is that amp does about 180rms u really need to let us help u find a good amp.. that box isn't the worst prefab at least it's tuned low but it doesn't have enough port area (should have 2 of those) however if u must run that amp the port is probably big enough for the power u will have.. i can show u box that is better (u can message builder and request lower tuning and change height or depth to fit your car) but more $, shipping is high..
Are you designing boxes now?

That box isn't tuned low....look how short the port length is. Gotta be tuned high.

ALL Boss Audio complete garbage...so is prefab enclosures.

i designed mine.. but no.. i did check the 15" version of this box for yahhyahh last yr and the tuning checked out., problem is not enough port..
No you didn't. You took measurements to work with your current sub for your vehicle and gave it to the guy to build it for you.

That box isn't tuned low....look how short the port length is. Gotta be tuned high.
ALL Boss Audio complete garbage...so is prefab enclosures.
The area plus length determines the tune... it could be a low area ported (low power)

Dang I thought the amp was pretty good :p send me some ones you think would be good for my setup //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I'd be happy to take a look. I mean they currently slam pretty ******* hard.

As for the box, feel free to show me the better ones as well, or send me the builders profile link and I can def hit him up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Thanks

No you didn't. You took measurements to work with your current sub for your vehicle and gave it to the guy to build it for you.
yes i did.. dude i have like 20 designs on paper here that i modeled for my box.. i told him how wide long to make port and to move sub opening closer to 1 side.. i check air port velocity and spl based on power i have now and even more power in case i ever changed amp.. i went with middle of the road port area not to big or to small so it'll work with more power later.. i spend weeks deciding on exact width, l and h of box and port tuning.. i email him like 10 diff sizes and tuning and he checked it and sent back what he came up with (cause i knew if i wanted 36 hz tuning he would have to come up with like 34hz for just box before sub disp) so don't tell me i didn't design it..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.