Question on glassing inside of box

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lbetts818

CarAudio.com Elite
So my box is getting there. Double layered on each side with 3/4 mdf(it was free and yes I prefer birch ply) but box will be 14.5 tuned to 27 with two 8” areos. Also will have 6 2” rods top to bottom for bracing and 8 1 1/2” dowels front to back. Would glassing the inside be beniffical or no? Will be installing bracing after work today.

345k3lz.jpg

So my box is getting there. Double layered on each side with 3/4 mdf(it was free and yes I prefer birch ply) but box will be 14.5 tuned to 27 with two 8” areos. Also will have 6 2” rods top to bottom for bracing and 8 1 1/2” dowels front to back. Would glassing the inside be beniffical or no? Will be installing bracing after work today.
345k3lz.jpg
I really like those aero ports... I wonder if building a similar one to mine only with 2 aero ports like on yours would be louder.

4CDDFIC.jpg

I really like those aero ports... I wonder if building a similar one to mine only with 2 aero ports like on yours would be louder.
4CDDFIC.jpg
yours could be louder with round ports, u could also tune to 35hz diff help #'s (most of the systems i see doing more spl than i thought they would use round ports) but i think u need a bigger amp for those 18's if u chasing #'s and going to comps.. just set gain crazy low for daily and turn it up for comps.. have u looked at fu page on fb? some guys doing crazy 3's with like 4 12's or 2 15's but they have lots of power..

yours could be louder with round ports, u could also tune to 35hz diff help #'s (most of the systems i see doing more spl than i thought they would use round ports) but i think u need a bigger amp for those 18's if u chasing #'s and going to comps.. just set gain crazy low for daily and turn it up for comps.. have u looked at fu page on fb? some guys doing crazy 3's with like 4 12's or 2 15's but they have lots of power..

You have no idea what loud is and have no business giving advice to Louie.

i wan't advising louie the other guy and i assure u i have seen many loud systems including 1 in town that has 21 comp wins and the champ title in that class.. and he had round port and 4k to 1 15 and later 2 12's (he's on here).. so i don't think 2k to 2 18's is enough if he's going to comps do u?

My system is more or less for my own enjoyment. There isn't really very many competitions around me. Maybe 3-5 in town a year I from what I've seen. Will only compete locally. And yea I'm going to get a bigger amp. Pretty much have decided on a SoundQubed S1-2250. I choose it because it's strappable so when I order 2 FU2000 SPLs I can get another S1-2250 and either run each sub on each amp or strap em and run my subs together. Was maybe looking at some 3k amps but I haven't found any decent ones I like for between $200-$400.

My system is more or less for my own enjoyment. There isn't really very many competitions around me. Maybe 3-5 in town a year I from what I've seen. Will only compete locally. And yea I'm going to get a bigger amp. Pretty much have decided on a SoundQubed S1-2250. I choose it because it's strappable so when I order 2 FU2000 SPLs I can get another S1-2250 and either run each sub on each amp or strap em and run my subs together. Was maybe looking at some 3k amps but I haven't found any decent ones I like for between $200-$400.
if u want a 3k order this now b4 price goes up in few days https://www.wolframaudio.com/collections/w-series-monoblock-amplifiers/products/w-3000-1

What’s loud lol? Those are for some boss 15s on a boss “true 5000rms” system. Wired at 2 ohm and gonna rattle windows off the wall from 6 miles away cuz I’m st8 slappin son

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.