New Audio Setup Recommendations

Participant count
  • Participant list

parker20

Ok so I'm new to here but I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations on what I should upgrade my current car audio setup to when I get a new car in a few months I am looking for hopefully 2 12" subs and I'm not quite sure what brand to go for,

Currently in my junk car I have 1 RF 12" T2 in a ported box,

A Kenwood KDC-455u head unit (temporary),

And all Polk audio db521s for my mids/highs,

And finally a TMA 1000.1 pushing the t2.

I am not sure where to go when I upgrade I know I'll need a battery for the back and probabily an aftermarket alternator for whatever I do, I was looking at possibly another t2 and maybe a RF 2500-1bdcp amp but I'm really not sure I want something reliable to like the t2 that's built we'll so I can slam on them for a long period of time,

Any suggestions would be awesome, thanks

I mean I deffonately want it to be a bit louder and like I said I want durability to, other than that I am willing to probabily spend another 1500 on subs and an amp plus if I got different subs the money I'd get selling the t2 and the box.

well i can definately help you here ,1500-2000 will get you a nice pair of subs and amp ,you'll need a ho alt and at least 1 extra battery to ,and i can help with those to

Ok ya I was planning on both just hopefully 1 really nice battery though instead of multiple if possible, I am pretty sure I'm getting a 4 door Grand Prix gt or a impala ss I'm not sure yet but when I do I am going to have my buddy build a very nice custom setup to mount the subs and amp that looks nice and covers the battery and wiring just to make the setup look really clean

If you would throw some recommendations out right now I would appreciate it I am hoping to do some research/ comparing while I'm looking for the new vehicle which I could find one in a week for all I know not quite sure I've just been looking around at local dealers and hoping on finding what I'm looking for

That's a tough question I would kinda like a bit of each I don't really need anything insanely loud but I also want it to outperform buddies cars and be able to hit pretty hard when I want, in terms of quality I do kinda want some I like the quality a lot of the t2 I have (other than the rattles of my P.O.S temporary car I'm driving) when I was 16 my first system was some 2 kicker cvrs and they deffonately bothered my ears due to lack of quality, so all in all I'm not exactly sure I kinda want a mix of both

That's a tough question I would kinda like a bit of each I don't really need anything insanely loud but I also want it to outperform buddies cars and be able to hit pretty hard when I want, in terms of quality I do kinda want some I like the quality a lot of the t2 I have (other than the rattles of my P.O.S temporary car I'm driving) when I was 16 my first system was some 2 kicker cvrs and they deffonately bothered my ears due to lack of quality, so all in all I'm not exactly sure I kinda want a mix of both
the brands i just told you to look at will do very nicely for you ,maybe 3500 watts rms is what you might be looking for ,also you'll need a 4 channel for the mids and highs to keep up with the bass .

Ya I was planning on it I think I may stick with the Polk set I have because they don't sound to bad, would I be better off going with one of those brands or just getting a second t2 interms of loudness? A guy I know thinks I should just keep it all rf and get the rf 2500bdcp

If you want a big SQ improvement, buy the Pioneer DEH-80PRS. Switch it to "network mode" and hook up the front tweeters and woofers to dedicated channels. Run AutoEQ. Adjust sound settings from there (most importantly the bass output, being left like 10dB less loud by the AutoEQ compared to what most people enjoy). This will seriously clean up the mid-range and treble frequency response as well as imaging.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.