New amp???

Participant count
  • Participant list

BumpinBabe
10+ year member

OR
So I'm running two Pioneer Premier 12's with a Gm-6300F. The subs can handle up to 1000 watts max each, but the amp only pushes out 300. I'm pretty sure the subs are 4 ohm, which I was running them at before. The amp bridges out at 4 ohms for four speakers, and 8 ohm for two, therefore it is powering my subs at 8 ohms. This is inadequate so I have decided to invest in a new amp. The one I am looking at is the Pioneer Premier PRSD2000T. It runs at four ohms - 150 watts or at two ohms - 300 watts per channel for two channels. My question is - Can I safely power these subs with this amp? Is it safe to run them at two ohms if they are four? I want the biggest bump for my buck, but I don't want to blow those subs. Is this a good investment or should I keep looking. Also, if anyone wants to buy the GM-6300F, I will let it go for $150. It's a good amp if you want to power four speakers, or two subs with a lower power requirement.

You will need to find an amp that matches up with your subs rms not max, also if your subs are both svc 4ohm you will need a 2 channel amp that will do 4ohm per channel, or a mono amp that does 2ohms

The reason I'm having this dilemma in the first place in because I blew the amp I had for three years by turning up the bass on my ipod equalizer.

How about the PRS-D2000T? It's a 1200W amp with a 4ohm 2X150 capacity. I'm still hung up on the wattage. I really want those things to thump like they used to. I'm pissed at the guys at the audio shop for recommending the amp I have now. I'm not so great at choosing componenets on my own....but once I have them I can install them like hell! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I don't think you have the same subs as in my avatar. But if you do I only have one thats a 3002spl running off a profile cl1200 at 4ohm bridged. Pushes it well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.