New amp MORE power, car sluggish to start.

OP remember SIC promotes Maxxsonics products with false statements close to a staggering 100% of the time. His use of Idiot and moron should not be used so loosely as he does as what is he? exactly stated. Now one run of 0g should be fine AND your car acting sluggish at starting after driving could be due to a failing alternator indeed. check the resting voltage of your battery with the car not on and with the car running and report back with your findings.

also try this :Turn the car on. While the car is running, remove the negative cable on the battery. If the car stalls and dies, your alternator could be bad

Why has no one even mentioned the bass knob is the problem?....bro the bass nob Is just a gain control for the amp....for get what gain setting u have on the amp itself.....the bassknob is ur gain setting....ur clipping whe u crank the knob....check ur voltage when it cranks and get a better battery and tha will help alot

look in the mirror good sir....t is no reason to be rude to the guy. honestly. this forum is doing good but slowly the ignorant remarks are finding a way to re-appear
The moderators' commitment to making this a more friendly and welcoming site has not faltered. We dont catch every instance, but the habitual offenders will eventually all get caught. And if they refuse to comply with the direction this site is heading, they will be removed by us.

In the future, if you see someone breaking a rule, attacking another member, whatever, please hit the 'report post' button at the bottom of that reply. Mods can only see so many instances ourselves, we rely on the teamwork of the community to help police itself. I only found this thread and the post that needed deleted because I stumbled on it while reading for my own entertainment.

Reporting a post comes with no guarantee action will be taken that the reporter wants or expects, but it is a guarantee that one of the mods (or several of them) will review the post and take action when appropriate.

Im not referring these comments to anyone specifically, in this thread or otherwise, I just felt it was the proper place to respond to your concern. Thank you to you and everyone for helping us keep this forum friendly for old and new members alike.

Sorry for the off-topic reply XORstatus, hope you dont mind. Since I did post off-topic, I will be sure to post on-topic as well. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Your description of the symptoms tells me you have a long-term problem, not a short-term problem. By long-term I mean that since you describe it as getting worse on long trips, or when you play your bass heavy (gain, bass knob, volume control, however), and you notice the starter dragging from it, your alternator is simply not producing enough amperage to keep up with your average (over time) power draw. An extra batt will prolong the problem, the big three will make your charging system more efficient but not enough to solve your problem, and a cap will (at best) make the problem less visually apparent. The only real solutions you probably have are to turn the stereo down, carry jumper cables with you at all times, or buy a bigger alt.

OP remember SIC promotes Maxxsonics products with false statements close to a staggering 100% of the time. His use of Idiot and moron should not be used so loosely as he does as what is he? exactly stated. Now one run of 0g should be fine AND your car acting sluggish at starting after driving could be due to a failing alternator indeed. check the resting voltage of your battery with the car not on and with the car running and report back with your findings. also try this :Turn the car on. While the car is running, remove the negative cable on the battery. If the car stalls and dies, your alternator could be bad
You remove the positive not negative //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

Why has no one even mentioned the bass knob is the problem?....bro the bass nob Is just a gain control for the amp....for get what gain setting u have on the amp itself.....the bassknob is ur gain setting....ur clipping whe u crank the knob....check ur voltage when it cranks and get a better battery and tha will help alot
That is not true. I have the same amp as he does and the way these bass knobs work is that they alter the setting that is on the amp. If the gain on your amp is set to roughly 1/3 and the bass knob is at max then your gain is still only 1/3. If you reduce the bass knob to half then you are taking 1/2 of the setting on the amp.

That is not true. I have the same amp as he does and the way these bass knobs work is that they alter the setting that is on the amp. If the gain on your amp is set to roughly 1/3 and the bass knob is at max then your gain is still only 1/3. If you reduce the bass knob to half then you are taking 1/2 of the setting on the amp.
That's called a gain attenuation style bass knob, which is the best type to have.

OP remember SIC promotes Maxxsonics products with false statements close to a staggering 100% of the time. His use of Idiot and moron should not be used so loosely as he does as what is he? exactly stated. Now one run of 0g should be fine AND your car acting sluggish at starting after driving could be due to a failing alternator indeed. check the resting voltage of your battery with the car not on and with the car running and report back with your findings. also try this :Turn the car on. While the car is running, remove the negative cable on the battery. If the car stalls and dies, your alternator could be bad
You remove the positive not negative //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif
doesnt really work on newer cars, where the computer controls everything. sometimes yes, but usually it doesnt really do much.

do you do this when working on your car system as well? i hope not....

The moderators' commitment to making this a more friendly and welcoming site has not faltered. We dont catch every instance, but the habitual offenders will eventually all get caught. And if they refuse to comply with the direction this site is heading, they will be removed by us.
In the future, if you see someone breaking a rule, attacking another member, whatever, please hit the 'report post' button at the bottom of that reply. Mods can only see so many instances ourselves, we rely on the teamwork of the community to help police itself. I only found this thread and the post that needed deleted because I stumbled on it while reading for my own entertainment.

Reporting a post comes with no guarantee action will be taken that the reporter wants or expects, but it is a guarantee that one of the mods (or several of them) will review the post and take action when appropriate.

Im not referring these comments to anyone specifically, in this thread or otherwise, I just felt it was the proper place to respond to your concern. Thank you to you and everyone for helping us keep this forum friendly for old and new members alike.
Got It Good Sir!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

This

My crunch p1500.1 had a bass knob that worked like this, just a signal attenuator.

Could just be your battery is wearing out and not charging up as efficiently as it could; borrow a battery out of a friends car and see if it helps, I had this same problem and tried that, now I know I need a new bat.

p.s. epic win on your post about OEM Volvo parts and the like OP, you made that other guy sound such a tool.

THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL THE HELP, I wish I could thank you all individually for all the support, however I don't really think that is feasible so ill do it here.

HERE IS THE SOLUTION to the problem, ironically the problem had NOTING to do with the charging system, LOL, the problem just so happened to coincide with the installation of my new amp.

VOLVO recalled the fuel pump of my car, and the sluggish starts were not directly caused by the charging.

Now that the FP has been replaced I HAVE no problems starting.

HOWEVER I have ordered the 0 gauge and will be installing the dual runs soon.

ALSO I BOUGHT THIS 0 Gauge:

IMC Audio 1/0 GAUGE 50' FT POWER WIRE CABLE BLACK | eBay

And its actually DECENT. CCA and 3200 strands. AMP rating I believe is 200-225a

I have photos to show you all:

28eOc.jpg

ne2DN.jpg

l5KoZ.jpg

It is noticeably smaller than the other wire BUT the other wire is 4700 stranded with a thick shield, I believe its memphis High line, cant really remember, If its important to anyone I can go check.

FOR $1 per foot shipped, I THINK THIS IS A STEAL! especially when considering I can run two for less than HALF the price of one run of expensive stuff and probably get 350-400 amps.

SHIPPED FOR $1 DOLLAR a foot!!!!

Could just be your battery is wearing out and not charging up as efficiently as it could; borrow a battery out of a friends car and see if it helps, I had this same problem and tried that, now I know I need a new bat.
p.s. epic win on your post about OEM Volvo parts and the like OP, you made that other guy sound such a tool.

Thank you,

I was really offended actually, I have never attacked anyone on this forum or said anything hurtful so I was BLOWN AWAY by his remarks.

I had to make it known that he was wrong, BUT I'm not going to call him stupid thats disrespectful.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.