New amp for w6v2

Participant count
  • Participant list

jdunk54nl

I have a $200 credit at onlinecarstereo from buying an amp and them not having it in stock. I could cancel my order and get the money back but am in need of a new sub amp. I was buying the kenwood x1200m (not the greatest but I have had really good luck with kenwood amps). They gave me some options of the Kenwood XR-1s, the kenwood 9105d, the hifonics BRZ1700.1d, or whatever else is around $200.

I am looking for a decent sound quality amp. What would be a good choice?

I don't know what kind of power you need but theres a couple in the classifieds that look good. One that comes to mind is a Skar 800.1 from a vendor. I think it's new and it's 200 shipped.

So what would you suggest? I am willing to spend a little more but not go crazy and spend $700 for an amp on a $300 sub. My budget is not over $300 for the amp.

I can also cancel the order with onlinecarstereo. It doesn't have to be from them. I would prefer a new amp over used or if it is used from a vendor or refurbished by vendor.

what about the kenwood xr-1s. They are willing to match the price on this one. I've read some reviews and most are fairly positive with it? Or out of the ones you posted which would be the best option for the w6v2 sealed box at 2ohms

I'm not a fan of kenwood amps, but have no experience with that one.

Of the Amps I posted, I'd get the Boston GTA 500m or the Alpine M50.

That GT 2125 is a higher line Boston Acoustics amp bridge able to 2 ohms and fan cooled. Also it's class A/B so it's generally more SQ oriented than class D.

Ok, that is what I figured. It has good reviews and a great price I feel. Dimensions are fine for my mount system. It isn't much bigger than the amp I have now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.