New 2012 Type R?

are you retarded? the brand is precision power u retarded noob
type r is for noobs? thats ur opinion. they sound good and i like alpine. im not paying mainstream prices for it
Sounds ****, "omg chex out my black ice ampz on da type arrrghhs yyeeaaaaaaaaaa boiiiii I finna be beatin down da block cuz wit my flea market equip!"

funny that you are talking **** about the amp I requested. When I searched your name + hifonics (figured you were a hater) this is what I find:

I am buying a Hifonics brutus brz1700.1d amp very soon in hopes of some better bass. im guessing i should get a bigger ported box too?

im on the fence about the 2012 type rs right now, i plan on buying some and compare, with the 2011s soon though.
I will let you know soon. As I still have the 2011 type R and I'm getting the new ones this week.

Sounds ****, "omg chex out my black ice ampz on da type arrrghhs yyeeaaaaaaaaaa boiiiii I finna be beatin down da block cuz wit my flea market equip!"
funny that you are talking **** about the amp I requested. When I searched your name + hifonics (figured you were a hater) this is what I find:
That was a while ago. And where Do you see me talking like a thug? Get out of here. I was planning on getting the hifonics for one type R that I had before. Hifonics makes great budget amps.

Precision power is better I believe. And how the **** is precision power flea market? U don't know **** about car audio for saying that. Ur a *******

That was a while ago. And where Do you see me talking like a thug? Get out of here. I was planning on getting the hifonics for one type R that I had before. Hifonics makes great budget amps. Precision power is better I believe.
Thats just how it went in my head.

I just thought it was funny how quick you were to jump down my throat when I mention a hifonics amp,

yet you yourself were planning on running the same exact amp I recommend.

teh lulz were had, that is all.

Yes. We use a wall socket and a dimmer to dial power in -- which is not only 60 Hz but a really nasty 60 Hz wave at that (suppose I should not have said sine wave). It uses a Triac and looks like this on the output end :
TZL111_Drivers_for_Fig_3.jpg

This type of signal with low movement will cook a coil much quicker than a higher excursion test. I like my test as I consider it "worst possible scenario" -- if the sub handles 5+ minutes on that the rating is incredibly conservative thermally. My goal is zero thermal failures at our ratings. We have actually found very few other products that will pass this test for 5+ minutes even if they will take a severe beating under music conditions.

In any event... what I am getting at; while the Type-R didn't like MY test it passes Alpine's test very well / will be fine @ that power on music and is an extremely good driver all in all -- the new Alpine stuff is easily my favorite mainstream stuff hands down.
did you test the skar vvx like this? and if you did how did it hold up? i've had both an sa-12 and vvx and you deesign some sexy stuff

Any updates?
Defiantly interested in hearing folks who have/are installing these opinions.
i have them sitting in my room awaiting for my box being built by mobile enclosures! should be up and running sometime next week!!

they look awesome btw! definately one of the nicest looking set of subs available

typersubs.jpg

pic doesnt do it justice at all but it looks so awesome in person

They look very attractive. Anxious to here your thoughts on them.

I'm looking at running 2 12" SWR-12D4's in a sealed (.85 cu per chamber recommended) alignment. According to the Spec sheet these don't need much space sealed. One of the few decent 12's out there that appears to be at home in less then 1 cu feet.

Anyone heard the new (or even old) Alpine Type R's in a sealed setup?

over the course of my sub having career, i have had a 15" type r (2010) in a 3.5 cubes ported, and a 12" type r sealed. the sealed sounded pretty good in a 1.25 cubic ft enclosure, but didnt appeal to my taste. IMO my re xxx ported has better SQ.

the 15 r portd did pretty good. but didnt get loud enough for me off power (zx750.1)

im extremely eager to hear about the type S and type R.

They're deffinently a sub that cannot go much over there rating. If you clip them, they will blow.
That is one of the downsides that the R's lack when compared to sundown, skar, dc, etc.
Any sub when sent a clipped signal will blow even Sundown, Skar, and DC.

They look very attractive. Anxious to here your thoughts on them.
I'm looking at running 2 12" SWR-12D4's in a sealed (.85 cu per chamber recommended) alignment. According to the Spec sheet these don't need much space sealed. One of the few decent 12's out there that appears to be at home in less then 1 cu feet.

Anyone heard the new (or even old) Alpine Type R's in a sealed setup?
i have the 2011 type r version also (swr-1043d) and i had it in a sealed box and it sounded like crap, it was cuz the box it was in i bought it from amazon for liek 20 bucks. it was mtx basslammer box. then i bought an atrend ported box and it sounded a MILLION times better.

this time around for my dual alpines my box just finished being built by mobile enclosures and he has an awesome little design for me. hes really an incredible builder and works with you. i cant wiat to hear how it sounds in his ported box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.