Neep help setting LPF, HPF, SSF, GAIN

Participant count
  • Participant list

reesef808

hawaii
Im new to all of this and I would like to learn how to do all of this. My amp @ 1 ohm rated rms is 1200 and my subs rms is 850. I need help to find that perfect spot to set my gain without hurting the sub.

My SSF at the moment is set at 30hz. and my box is tuned at 43hz.

I set the LPF on my amp to where I cant hear the highs and mids. HPF and LPF is in the headunit, havent messed with that yet. But when I crank the volume, my speakers distort, not the sub.

What would be the best settings for my setup?

Here is my setup

Planet audio TQ1600.1d

1200 rms @ 1 ohm

Powerbass 3xl 122d

850 Rms

1700 peak

dual 2 ohm, (Wired to 1ohm)

FR 31-450hz

Atrend 12lsv box

Tuned @ 43 hz

Alpine UTE52BT H/U

2 volt pre amp

The input sensitivity switch may need to be set to 100mV-2V. Leave the gain knob turned all the way to the left to start. Without being able to confirm when the head unit begins to clip, you should assume you will never get 2V out of it unless the volume is at maximum. You don't want to boost the bass on the head unit all the time, and if you use Bass Engine SQ I recommend leaving it on a low setting and limit the use to low-middle volume settings. It may sound nice and nice fun sound is good.

80 Hz is generally a safe LPF and HPF setting. You may need to bump the SSF a little higher to around 32-34 Hz. Your subwoofer isn't capable of very high excursion and the SSF is to prevent it from bottoming out with a ported enclosure.

The setting can be handled as Trumpet gave you some good guidlines. 80-100 on the lpf kind of your preference. 80-120 on hp, 30 on ssf is pretty good too. If your box was tuned lower i would say to set the ssf in the 20's but it's fine where it is.

Here is my two cents. Your speakers are distorting because they are ran off of the radio. You have 1200 watts on your sub and roughly 10-20 watts per channel on your mids. You NEED an amp on your door speakers. A 2 channel is fine for them unless you are hell bent on being able to fade front to rear.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.