12 Sundown Z V.4 in a Mustang or a 10' X

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cato3

I want to make a box for my small mustang trunk that I am able to take out whenever needed. The biggest dimensions I came up with were H=15, W=25, and D=18. Now with this box should i put my 12 Z V4 or would a 10 X be better? Using an AQ 2200 amp.

I want to make a box for my small mustang trunk that I am able to take out whenever needed. The biggest dimensions I came up with were H=15, W=25, and D=18. Now with this box should i put my 12 Z V4 or would a 10 X be better? Using an AQ 2200 amp.
Go with the X10. I have the same issue and you're going to have a hard time fitting a proper ported 12 box through the opening.

Go with the X10. I have the same issue and you're going to have a hard time fitting a proper ported 12 box through the opening.
Yea i just didn't want to go through the hassle of selling and buying an X 10. Maybe i should do a sealed box and add polyfill?

Yea i just didn't want to go through the hassle of selling and buying an X 10. Maybe i should do a sealed box and add polyfill?
Zv4 in a sealed? Nah that would be a travesty man. I'm running 2 8's in a tline and they are very loud and clean. Box is 29.5x21.75x12. Slides right in no prob.

If thats your dimensions exactly, You can try a 12 if you do two round 4"wide by 21 inches long pvc port firing to the passenger side but you'll want a lot of power and you cant really tune that low either. You'll want at least a 2k-3k rms korean board amp with an enclosure this size. If you wanted to do a slot port then yeah no choice but to do a 10

I would not recommend going sealed with the X series. Thats like buying a fast sports car and driving it in a heavily congested traffic area every day to work. Really limits any potential to be had.

Another option would be to get the Zv4 10.

ARxSR.jpg

my situation as well. debating between a big box for a 10 and a moderate box for a 12.

and i can vouch for stangs 2 8s. That thing hits RIDICULOUS

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.