Needing help with wiring on jvc kw-v230bt touchscreen unit..thanks

Participant count
  • Participant list

DevReber

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey.. just wondering if anyone could help me with what I believe is just a simple problem. I hooked up my jvc kw-v230bt unit in a 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse but have no sound coming from the speakers. I had to run the battery & ignition wires straight off of the car batter through dash but this shouldn't be a problem as I already had just a cd player hooked up before and worked fine. Unit powers on, works fine. It does have a problem with the cd player cycling over and over trying to eject if there is no CD in it for some reason but this shouldn't be my problem, I just put a cd into the cd player and it stops. I was thinking it is the fact I do not have the amp output wire "blue & white" hooked into anything.. as there is no blue and white coming out of my cars stock harness that the clip hooks into. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to just bypass needing that color wire out of the stock harness? I tried hooking amp with one of the battery or ignition wires coming from the car battery but I'm thinking I still need a ground hooked in?? Theres no amp ground wire either.. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Also the reason I have the battery and ignition running straight from the car battery is because whoever had the car before me tried to hook up lights under the seats and messed with wires somewhere in the dash. I said forget all that looking through their mess.. thanks.

Your wiring situation sounds bad. Are your power wires fused??? With that said, the radio should be sending sound to the speakers if it is working and it is grounded.
Check the sound settings on your radio to see if your sound settings are correct. Also, look at your equalizer.
Your amplifier should also be grounded.
Is your amplifier coming on? If not the blue/white wire maybe the turn-on wire for the amplifier.
Are your speakers wired directly to the radio; or are they wired to the amplifier?
Just some questions, not in any specific order, to assist you in your troubleshooting.
Good luck.

Your wiring situation sounds bad. Are your power wires fused??? With that said, the radio should be sending sound to the speakers if it is working and it is grounded.
Check the sound settings on your radio to see if your sound settings are correct. Also, look at your equalizer.
Your amplifier should also be grounded.
Is your amplifier coming on? If not the blue/white wire maybe the turn-on wire for the amplifier.
Are your speakers wired directly to the radio; or are they wired to the amplifier?
Just some questions, not in any specific order, to assist you in your troubleshooting.
Good luck.
I appreciate the answer. The amplifier I speak of is internal in the unit. I'm not running anything besides the head unit. I've never installed a touch screen before so maybe it needs an update? It connects to my phone fine and will show its playing music but nothing coming from the speakers. Speakers are fine as I just had a cd player in it & played just fine. I will check the equalizer and the settings. Tuner should come on too as I have the antenna plugged in but nothing.. no sound. Doesnt make any sense.

Speakers are wired correctly directly to the radio.. dimmer wires are capped off because I have no dimmer wire coming from the car clip.. i basically just have 2 different high gauge power wires running from car battery into the dash and into the touchscreen unit.. it powers on on fine.. shows its working.. connects bluetooth to my phone and says its connected for audio and calls. Only other wires I have hooked up are ground and all the speakers which are all correct into each other. I'll keep trying and update.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.