Needing advice on speaker/sub/amp setup I am about to buy for a Evo X

Participant count
  • Participant list

dykast

Hi, first off I am not sure I am putting this in the right subforum. Anyway, I will get right to the point.

I have a 2008 Evo X that has the stock Rockford Fosgate system. It has a 10" sub in the trunk and the amp is under the drivers seat. I would like to keep it as close to factory look as possible. I need the trunk space I have since the trunk is so tiny as it is and I have 2 small children.

I have a odd head unit I bought and installed, it runs Android 4.1 but it does have front,rear and sub rca outputs.

I was thinking of doing the same thing as this evolutionm.net - View Single Post - Replacing the stock RF stereo in terms of the sub. It will let me retain the stock enclosure(if you want to call it that). I was also thinking of getting the JL 10W3V3-2 as well.

Amp I was thinking the Alpine PDX-V9 as I know it will fit under the drivers seat.

Speakers Image Dynamics Ctx65cs for the front and CTx65 for rears.

Amp kit KnuKonceptz KCA Complete 4 Gauge Amp Installation Kit

RCA's Rockford Fosgate RFI-10 Twisted Pair Signal Cable -10 feet x3

RAAMaudio Package # 1 for deadening

and 2 sets of adapters from Crutchfield for the door speakers.

I mostly listen to dance music(edm) 80% of the time but im into everything. Rock, Rap, NPR(im almost 40). I am looking for sound quality over SPL but I still want it to kick hard.

If you look at what I have listed I am looking for bang for the buck. I will buy from the cheapest place possible without getting ripped off. When I was younger I had done crazy installs on my cars but it has been a while(15 years) since I actually upgraded my factory system in a car. From reading it seems a lot of people just say to ditch the rears, JL is crap etc..

Anyway, im looking at around $1200 when all is said and done. What am I doing wrong, what am I doing right.

I will say that the SUNDOWN AUDIO SD-2 10" has caught my eye.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank You:)

Sounds like a decent set up. If you really want a jl then go with the w6 at least. Me personally. I wouldn't. Yes leave the stocks in the rear run them off deck power. And spend more on the front components The amp is a decent choice. But again there is better for the money look at the new arc audio xdi amps. They are Zeff design and are rally sweet and compact as far as components. Hertz phd. Cdt or even tantric are others to look at with $1200 you can put a decent system together. One question I do have , are you planning on placing the new sub in a box or where the stock one is

Sounds like a decent set up. If you really want a jl then go with the w6 at least. Me personally. I wouldn't. Yes leave the stocks in the rear run them off deck power. And spend more on the front components The amp is a decent choice. But again there is better for the money look at the new arc audio xdi amps. They are Zeff design and are rally sweet and compact as far as components. Hertz phd. Cdt or even tantric are others to look at with $1200 you can put a decent system together. One question I do have , are you planning on placing the new sub in a box or where the stock one is
I plan on placing the the sub in the stock box which has about 6" of clearance. So a W6 won't work. It has about 20L of airspace. I am not devoted to the JL, it was more about that this other guy made it work well in the stock box. So I am open to suggestions for that small space. In terms of the amp I can get it for the same price as the arc amp. I know the birth sheets on the Alpines are about 120 for highs and 550 for the low. Then again, I know there are a ton of other variables.

I plan on placing the the sub in the stock box which has about 6" of clearance. So a W6 won't work. It has about 20L of airspace. I am not devoted to the JL, it was more about that this other guy made it work well in the stock box. So I am open to suggestions for that small space. In terms of the amp I can get it for the same price as the arc amp. I know the birth sheets on the Alpines are about 120 for highs and 550 for the low. Then again, I know there are a ton of other variables.
I'd got with the arc over the alpine. Also look at dc subs. They love small enclosures

What is the maximum width and depth you have available to fit an amplifier under the driver's seat? How about the passenger's seat? Cables all on one side or cables at both ends should be considered.

What am I doing wrong.
Buying an off brand head unit is a mistake.

What is the maximum width and depth you have available to fit an amplifier under the driver's seat? How about the passenger's seat? Cables all on one side or cables at both ends should be considered.

Buying an off brand head unit is a mistake.

evolutionm.net - View Single Post - Finally replaced the Oem Amp shows the stock amp being replaced to kinda give you a sense of what room there is. I measured about 16 inches width and you can get away with about 10 inches of depth, maybe more since its just about how far the amp sticks out under the drivers seat and I am 6 2" so I sit kinda far back. As for the passenger seat I think it is laid out the same.

I am not sure what you mean by cabling? I can tell you that the car has a odd setup because of weight distribution as the battery is in the trunk. I was planing on running the rca's on the passenger side to the amp.

As far as off brand head unit, there really is no other choice. It is running a full version of android 4.1. There are no reputable companies that make units running a full pure version of android. I can load whatever nav software, streaming audio software, video(netflix etc) I want. It is like a car computer, sorta. It is more of a geek thing with me, I might end up just trashing it and getting a "real" unit.

evolutionm.net - View Single Post - Finally replaced the Oem Amp shows the stock amp being replaced to kinda give you a sense of what room there is. I measured about 16 inches width and you can get away with about 10 inches of depth, maybe more since its just about how far the amp sticks out under the drivers seat and I am 6 2" so I sit kinda far back. As for the passenger seat I think it is laid out the same.
I am not sure what you mean by cabling? I can tell you that the car has a odd setup because of weight distribution as the battery is in the trunk. I was planing on running the rca's on the passenger side to the amp.

As far as off brand head unit, there really is no other choice. It is running a full version of android 4.1. There are no reputable companies that make units running a full pure version of android. I can load whatever nav software, streaming audio software, video(netflix etc) I want. It is like a car computer, sorta. It is more of a geek thing with me, I might end up just trashing it and getting a "real" unit.
I fiberglassed a 7" Rooted/Rom'd kindle fire HD into my dash... I used the kfhd because it allowed audio through HDMI, or USB DAC... which allowed for great SQ.

Rarely used the tablet features so I ended up replacing it with a 80prs, use my phone and call it a day.

All on one end.
Yeah, that's what the JL and Alpine amplifiers have. Never mind, I have enough to go off. On the low end of price vs good performance the Precision Power iON amplifiers could fit, with a 4-channel and a mono amp side by side or split up with one under each seat. The Precision Power P900.5 is a 5-channel amplifier, and it's 11.5" x 6.5" x 2". Home page

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.