Need your Help/Recommendations for a 2014 Honda Civic LX 4-Door Manual build.

Hi i'm pretty new to car audio so any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. I don't think i am savvy enough to do the installation myself (i tried before and broke every clip in my old door car) so i don't mind bringing my stuff to a professional audio installation place. So i'm just looking for parts recommendations:

My Car: 2014 Honda Civic LX 4-door Manual Transmission

Standard Audio specs: -->HERE

Speaker Dimensions: -->HERE

What i want: I really just want more overall loudness and bass out of my fronts and/or rear speakers. I don't want to go with a subwoofer and enclosure solution just yet, so just the fronts/rears for now.

Which speakers do you recommend replacing? Fronts and/or Rear?

I have about a $200-500 +/- $100 budget (maybe more if it's really worth it, you let me know) including installation @$70 an hour for labor. I just really want it to sound great in my car. Not competition level, but great //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Are these doable or overkill: -->JL Audio C5-650X

Is it possible to do this build without having to buy a new head unit?

Thank you very much! I really appreciate all of your time and help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi i'm pretty new to car audio so any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. I don't think i am savvy enough to do the installation myself (i tried before and broke every clip in my old door car) so i don't mind bringing my stuff to a professional audio installation place. So i'm just looking for parts recommendations:
My Car: 2014 Honda Civic LX 4-door Manual Transmission

Standard Audio specs: -->HERE

Speaker Dimensions: -->HERE

What i want: I really just want more overall loudness and bass out of my fronts and/or rear speakers. I don't want to go with a subwoofer and enclosure solution just yet, so just the fronts/rears for now.

Which speakers do you recommend replacing? Fronts and/or Rear?

I have about a $200-500 +/- $100 budget (maybe more if it's really worth it, you let me know) including installation @$70 an hour for labor. I just really want it to sound great in my car. Not competition level, but great //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Are these doable or overkill: -->JL Audio C5-650X

Is it possible to do this build without having to buy a new head unit?

Thank you very much! I really appreciate all of your time and help!
You can keep the stock speakers and just get a 4 channel amp and run it off the stock hu. If you want to upgrade the speakers only you won't see much improvement at all without doing door treatments.

yep, the upgrade is a mulch-faceted approach.

1. improved acoustical environment - door treatments include deadening, stiffening, absorption, seals, and barriers.

2. improved amplification - an external amp is necessary to properly power speakers and the amp may need an interface to connect to the factory system

3. improved component speakers - build quality matters and you get what you pay for in power handling and performance.

JL C5 series is ok. I prefer the Hertz High Energy series, based on several comparisons.

That $500 could get you pretty far if you were willing to look at used stuff on the classifieds or Craigslist. It would go a bunch further if you did the install yourself. It's not too hard, I'm sure you can find step-by-step guides to removing the headunit or door panels.

Unless your stock headunit is heavily integrated into other systems in your car, you are much better off replacing it than going with a DSP.

Just my two cents.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.