Need to select 10" shallow subs

daverole

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello,

I am in need to 2 new 10" shallow subs. However, I do not know the best way to go. The amp I have is over 10 years old but seems to work fine. Based on the specs of that AMP what do you guys think is the best to replace the ones I have without buying to much?

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/518552/Memphis-16-Mc5-700.html?page=15#manual I have the MC5-1400

I was thinking to about JL Audio 10TW3-D4 or Rockford Fosgate P3SD4-10 But Like I said, I am not exactly sure what I am looking at in regards to what will match up with the amp.

The head unit is Kenwood 893S

Thanks,

Dave

Hello,

I am in need to 2 new 10" shallow subs. However, I do not know the best way to go. The amp I have is over 10 years old but seems to work fine. Based on the specs of that AMP what do you guys think is the best to replace the ones I have without buying to much?

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/518552/Memphis-16-Mc5-700.html?page=15#manual I have the MC5-1400

I was thinking to about JL Audio 10TW3-D4 or Rockford Fosgate P3SD4-10 But Like I said, I am not exactly sure what I am looking at in regards to what will match up with the amp.

The head unit is Kenwood 893S

Thanks,

Dave
You are not going to want dual 4 ohm subs. Your amp isn’t rated at 1 ohm. It puts out 550 watts at 2 ohm, so you will need dual 2 ohm subs to be able to wire it at 2 ohms.

Whats the Max budget for the subs? I have amplifiers that are 20+ years old that work just fine, and havent had to replace any caps yet.. If the amplifier works.. and you have the space for it and the supply for it.. Run it

Fyi audiobaun eBay links no longer work correctly gotta go to bitly or something to shorten them and correct them. Happened in a recent forum software update across the board as many forums use this same software.

I needed the same. I actually bought 2 RF P3D4-10’s tonight but havent hooked them up. I get impatient when shopping and these were in front of my face so i bought them. My only other options there were the JL but all they had were the W0 and i wasnt having that, and then kicker comps… which is a no go for me. Plan on installing tomorrow

Really??He could pick up a pair of subs for the price of a single JL. Ive heard and experienced better than JL more than once over the years

He asked about two different shallow mount subs and I gave my recommendation in regards to the two that he asked about. The JL shallow mount subs are the best shallow mount subs that I've heard. I've never heard the DD shallow mounts. I have heard two Kicker shallow mounts that sounded pretty good in an under the seat box of a crew cab truck.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335951755&icep_item=393618998389
These would be Ideal but on BO for approx a month. Either would be really nice for shallow mounted subs. Ive experienced both. I like the A.Bass much better. I did have an I. Audio 12 at one time that did really well to
https://www.parts-express.com/Dayto...ehuf98wAKl3uuXdzdF_ABXRW8nrZRZ9BoCPw0QAvD_BwE
Well the American Bass ES 1044 subs ..
Dayton Audio LS10 44 10 Low profile DVC 4 = I think these are on Backorder possibly?

I haven't heard that many shallow subs in my life by by far my favorite is these it's sitting on a role of white duct tape FYI. And only 2.9" can you guess what brand they are?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...