Need to get new sub. Help?

Davecubs14
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Madison, AL
As some of you know, my PRs and amp got stolen. So i'm looking to come back with a vengeance. I got my car alarm. Now lookin' at subs again. I want to go with a single 15". Lookin' to get louder than my PRs but still have some good SQ.

Probably going ported. I'm upgrading the wires to 0 gauge but I was looking to get an amp and sub around 600-1000 watts.

I was looking at mostly RE Audio subs, such as SE or SX. Any sub or even sub/amp suggestion is welcome.

I am hoping that I do not need to replace my Alternator or battery with this kind of power. Mind you, i'm most likely going to be running a 100 watt component set too.

My price is around $500 or less for both sub and amp. Less is better!

an SX 15 with lotsa power should be louder than your previous setup. Maybe even an SE, but the SE would probably closer. Then again the box design is what REALLY counts

Well, I have a lot of space to work with, at least 4 cu.ft.

I wasn't thinking of going with a lot of power just because i'm planning on running another amp for a component set.

So I was thinking of doing a SE in a 3.5 cu.ft. tuned around 35. and put around maybe 700 watts through it.

Hmm.....i'm not looking to go much louder than the PRs. I would dive for the SX but the only thing i'm worried about is I might have to get a bigger alt. or battery, which if I can avoid, I am.

I was thinking about that sub. But i'm pretty set on RE. If you think I could run the SX off my stock alt. and battery, then i'm goin to get that. but if not, i'm going with the SE.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.