Need to find the right amp for my setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

Slayer16102

CarAudio.com Recruit
I purchased a Pioneer TS-SWX3002 12" Preloaded Subwoofer Enclosure Loaded with TS-SW3002S4

The max RMS power is 1500W, but the normal RMS is 400w 

The problem I am having is I cannot find a mono amp that equals 75% (1125w) of the peak power at 4 ohms. They don't seem to offer a 2 ohms speaker and sadly most amps I have looked at don't offer very high watts unless you are using the amp and sub in 2 ohms. Can anyone recommend a good amp that can somehow get close to the 1125w needed for 75% of the power. All pioneers subs that are shallows seem to be 4 ohm svc only. For my vehicle setup I must use shallow mount subs due to limited space.

What I am looking for is a good amp for this sub and box setup.

Thanks

Edit: Please move this post to the car audio forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
infinity k600. 129$ at crutchfield. they are underrated should easily do 400 @ 4 ohms. i own a couple of them myself.  solid reliable little amplifier.i suggest ignoring max power ratings. just useless information imo.` 

I purchased a Pioneer TS-SWX3002 12" Preloaded Subwoofer Enclosure Loaded with TS-SW3002S4

The max RMS power is 1500W, but the normal RMS is 400w 

The problem I am having is I cannot find a mono amp that equals 75% (1125w) of the peak power at 4 ohms. They don't seem to offer a 2 ohms speaker and sadly most amps I have looked at don't offer very high watts unless you are using the amp and sub in 2 ohms. Can anyone recommend a good amp that can somehow get close to the 1125w needed for 75% of the power. All pioneers subs that are shallows seem to be 4 ohm svc only. For my vehicle setup I must use shallow mount subs due to limited space.

What I am looking for is a good amp for this sub and box setup.

Thanks

Edit: Please move this post to the car audio forum.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.