Need help to find the right amplifier for my Subwoofer

That should work great...the guybi sold my old subs bought the 2k version and it sound clean without breaking the bank...but anything that'll give you a legit 400-700 watts would get it moving...

You putting it in a sealed or ported box? Sealed will take more power than ported but ported will give more volume (provided you set gains and subsonic correctly)

Basically you need 400 watts rms at either a 4 ohm load or at a 1 ohm load. Hard to say much beyond that without knowing what brands are available to you and your budget.

Don't buy boss...they are extremely over rated on power and just cheap quality amps all around...there's plenty of good amps around that price range...

This amp would fit the bill for sure.

Wire your sub to the amp at 2 ohms. You will get 500 watts (when you really really crank it up) which will be plenty of power for your sub.

They ship free worldwide...and has plenty of power for your sub...and better than a boss...wire your sub to 4 ohm and you're good...

Last edited:
I wouldnt spend many funds on an amplifier for that sub.. Id prob look at a Harmony 400.1. Should be enough power for that sub without breaking the Bank. May even look on Facebook and find a decent 500-600 RMS mono block

Last edited:
Also extremely low quality as is Boss and Soundstream.

You've rather shot yourself in the foot buying a dual 2 ohm sub because most of the 300-500W type amplifiers on the market are meant to make power into 2 ohms (your sub can only do 1 or 4).

IMO best bet I saw on that site would be to buy the JBL 600.1 or whatever (about 350 aussie-bux) and run it at 4 ohm for now and you could run it at 2 ohm later if you bought a second one of those subs if you need/want more output. Kenwood, Kicker, Pioneer should also be reliable and available in your country but will likely be at similar price points to the JBL.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...