need suggestions on coax for land cruiser

Participant count
  • Participant list

nmcclure
10+ year member

texas
First post btw, spent 4 hours reading last night, still need suggestions.

ok, well my stock jbl's blew so I have decided to replace them. In doing so , I also decided to replace the stock head unit. I have ordered alpine 9853. What i am looking for now, is coax's in 6 1/2 that I can run off the head unit. I thought about the cdt's, but in reading people said not up front. I'm not looking to add components because well, i dont want to add an amp to run them and I dont want to drop too much money, because being in the army, i dont exactly know what my future looks like. I'm not big into booming base, i would prefer clear definition if I had to choose. I will be installing a kicker 250.2 on 13w3v2 that I removed from a past vehicle and had sitting. What should I be looking for?

Well, depending on the year LC you ahve, I think they used a Pana speaker with a neo magnet that is ultra.small - so you may be physically limited. Kenwood has a set of "higher"-end speaks with the neo mags that sound very good for KW and very good for a speaker that will fit there.

If you don't have that limitation then it's a different, easier situation. Look up your car on the Crutchfield vehicle db.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.