6 1/2 Speakers in doors recomendations??? PLEASE HELP

bigphill911

USA
Hey guys whats up. I have a 94 sonoma standard cab sls with a pioneer head unit. I want to replace the 6 1/2 speakers in the doors. I know how to take the door panel off so that isnt a problem. What I'm wondering is what is a good set of 6 1/2 speakers to replace them with for not to much money (around 50$ hopefully) Also I want to be able to hook the speakers right up to the same wire as the stock speakers without any amp or anything, Let me know thanks for all the help. By the way the main reason I'm asking this is because I got some 180w sony xplod 3 way speaker sand hooked them up and when i turned it up to a sertain sound level all the speakers just lost power but now that I uninstalled them and took them back my stock speakers work fine.

You'll just want to find a nice set of co-axials. For $50 or under, honestly your best bet is to just go down to your local dealers, find out what all they offer in your price range, and see if you can listen to them. Just pick up what ever sounds best to your ears. Pioneer, Alpine, Boston Acoustics, Diamond, MB Quart and Image Dynamics are all quality brands that I believe have co-axials around your price range.

alright well i was looking around and ill spend up to 100.00 but does anyone know why those sony speakers would have made the sound die? let me know thanks.

im on ebay and im seeing a couple different sets of jl audio 6 1/2 would those work? Would I be able to wire them strait to the stock wires or do I need something else to?

ok so i gave in and spent more then i intended i bought the JL Audio VR650-CXi hope there good let me know thanks
Make sure you take good care of those speakers using the head unit. I hate to see you blow them.

Next try investing in a small 4 channel amp and bridge them.

Well, attached to a HU (car cd player) I don't think you could blow them. However, if you use an external amp, all you have to do is make sure they don't overheat. There's a LOT about that. Clipping, overpowering, overexerting, etc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.