Need suggestion... AVHP4000DVD or?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jrdbrn
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
My stock radio died today after 2 years of use. Not even gonna bother with warranty because I hate Mazda and their shitty service. Anyway, I had to have to buy something right now but I do alot of traveling and I need a radio.

I seen the Pioneer AVHP4000DVD for a decent price of $365 and it has 8 good reviews on Amazon, but I want to confirm here. I see the interface in the picture, but it looks pretty choppy. Are there any other double din suggestions I should take a look at in that range? I would rather not go over $400.

Thanks

would this be a better suggestion

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-KW-AVX710-Vehicle-Multimedia-Receiver/dp/B0012N9RJY

I just took out a jvc avx800 and installed a pioneer AVHP4000DVD. I like the pioneer better. It reads everything faster and I think sounds better. I havent played a dvd yet so I cant say anything about that.

I just took out a jvc avx800 and installed a pioneer AVHP4000DVD. I like the pioneer better. It reads everything faster and I think sounds better. I havent played a dvd yet so I cant say anything about that.
How do you like the layout? From the pciture, it looks outdated

Layout is not to good. It is real plain looking. And its a little difficult with the touch screen because of the menu being small.

Look at the new Clarion entry level piece. Very nice. I sell Pioneer and Clarion and my customer and myself like the Clarion over the Pioneer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.