Need SQ subs for 200 watts

Joselr

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 29, 2021
After over 10 years of being away i am finally coming back to car audio, my current daily has a custom fiberglass box with 2 tens that i feel are very underpowered. I have a total of [email protected] to feed subs, I'm looking for the best SQ i can get out of 2 tens. I would like to keep the box as i do not have the cargo area pieces that used to sit were the box is. I would prefer a single 12 but don't want to change boxes. Mainly listen to rock and i mostly care about SQ, i do not need to rattle my vehicle apart. I'm all ears, no real budget set just want to see what everyone suggests for the power i have.

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
5,000+ posts
Aug 28, 2018
After over 10 years of being away i am finally coming back to car audio, my current daily has a custom fiberglass box with 2 tens that i feel are very underpowered. I have a total of [email protected] to feed subs, I'm looking for the best SQ i can get out of 2 tens. I would like to keep the box as i do not have the cargo area pieces that used to sit were the box is. I would prefer a single 12 but don't want to change boxes. Mainly listen to rock and i mostly care about SQ, i do not need to rattle my vehicle apart. I'm all ears, no real budget set just want to see what everyone suggests for the power i have.
Screenshot_20210829-113726_Chrome.jpg

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010

SlugButter

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Nov 5, 2019
The Memphis srx10-44 is a decent sub on low power. Focal 25a4 is another good sub, but I think they only have a single 4 ohm version, which won’t match your amp with 2 of them.

SlugButter

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Nov 5, 2019
Focal auditor 10 inch is 250 watts, but it is a good option on low power also and has dual 4 ohm coils to match your amp. Focal is a very nice sounding sub for a sealed enclosure. A little expensive but for a strictly SQ setup they are a top choice of mine.

Joselr

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 29, 2021
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Focal auditor 10 inch is 250 watts, but it is a good option on low power also and has dual 4 ohm coils to match your amp. Focal is a very nice sounding sub for a sealed enclosure. A little expensive but for a strictly SQ setup they are a top choice of mine.
I was looking at those, i would love to go with a single 12 in a sealed box but my vehicle is a discontinued model and finding the missing trim will be a major pain.

SlugButter

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
Nov 5, 2019
I was looking at those, i would love to go with a single 12 in a sealed box but my vehicle is a discontinued model and finding the missing trim will be a major pain.
Yeah. I personally like 12s over any other size sub. I’m running a single 10 right now, but I’m upgrading to a single 12 soon.

Buck

Why so Sirius?
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
I wish you could find a pair of the old elemental designs flat cone 10's. They sounded really good and were 200-300 watt RMS iirc. I wonder if there's any pro-audio like woofers that are low powered like that? If the box is a single chamber sealed, you could consider buying a more powerful sub and running a passive radiator.

Reactions: SlugButter

mastershake575

CarAudio.com Veteran
Mar 11, 2015
There is a lot of great low powered SQ subs on the market as you can see by what's been recommended so far (good choices).

Arc Audio X2 and Audio Dynamics AD1410 are 2 great choices that alot of SQ builds in my area use for lower powered options

Joselr

CarAudio.com Newbie
Aug 29, 2021
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you everyone for suggestions, I'm going to visit a couple shops today and see what they have.

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.