Need some suggestions for custom Dayton powered sub build

Participant count
  • Participant list

bizzy07
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
IA
I have experience with building boxes for cars but not much for houses. I have no idea how much space to give the sub or what to tune it to so any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Equipment:

15" Dayton Audio Reference HO RSS390HO-4

500 watt Dayton plate amp

2 4" Precision aero ports 15.5" max length each

I will be building this out of 3/4" MDF (already have 2 half sheets). The sub is only going to be used for listening to music (mostly rap). The room is 12' wide 20' long 8' high with cement floor and drywall walls.

Wow, no replies. This has to be a first. I don't have time to model this for you, but if you just call PE they will give you the size and tuning you need. I'll keep and eye on this thread if you have any questions about what they say. Also don't forget to brace the box.

Ended up going 3.5ft^3 at 30hz. I tuned it high because it is only for music use. It does much better than I thought it would. Now I just need to build the second one!

2012-03-20_03-45-34_508.jpg

That is 3.5 net after sub, amp, port, and window style bracing. I should have got some build pics... I will try to remember to on the next one!

Looks sweet! Is like to see some build pics of the next one. I would also like to hear if you notice a difference with running two vs. one. Not Spl, but in the sound.

That is 3.5 net after sub, amp, port, and window style bracing. I should have got some build pics... I will try to remember to on the next one!
That looks great! Curious to how it performs. Planning on doing one of these soon....

The box is 30"Hx18"Wx22.75"D. 2 4" ports 15.5" long. The box has one "window" style brace right below the sub and a double baffle. The double baffle might not be necessary but I wanted to flush mount the sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.