Need some SQ 6.5 comps..

MB Quart sound great for the price, have heard a few give great imaging even in bad install locations. Boston Acoustics would be another good choice, like the SR60.

Or check out the Polk Audio MM series. Think you can get the Kappa Perfects for less than $200 on ebay

mine arn't that cheap...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif the closest would be the DD's I could do $250 shipped for the DD German 6.5 mids and a set of T2 softdome DD tweeters...

Yeah I'm kinda leaning toward the MB Quart stuff, or a set of used Focals, I've never heard the Focals but have been told they sound sexy

La Crx's set will completely murder anything youll find for that price range by focal or mb quarts. If thats a little too high, i have a set of DD 6.5 components that i would let go for 150 shipped. They have the t2 tweeter as well but not the german 6.5.

The set im selling is what this guy used

and he scored higher in his SQ competition than with his $1400 focal set.

La Crx's set will completely murder anything youll find for that price range by focal or mb quarts. If thats a little too high, i have a set of DD 6.5 components that i would let go for 150 shipped. They have the t2 tweeter as well but not the german 6.5. The set im selling is what this guy used

^Shoot me a pic if you don't mind

La Crx's set will completely murder anything youll find for that price range by focal or mb quarts. If thats a little too high, i have a set of DD 6.5 components that i would let go for 150 shipped. They have the t2 tweeter as well but not the german 6.5. The set im selling is what this guy used

It's all personal taste, and I have heard a few high scoring SQ setups that flat out do not sound that good to me. The K2P has stellar midrange, and I find it hard to believe that the DD set can come close to it. I'm not familiar with the DD tweets, but the TN52's are very detailed and not harsh as all when eq'd correctly. But once again, it's all personal preference.

It's all personal taste, and I have heard a few high scoring SQ setups that flat out do not sound that good to me. The K2P has stellar midrange, and I find it hard to believe that the DD set can come close to it. I'm not familiar with the DD tweets, but the TN52's are very detailed and not harsh as all when eq'd correctly. But once again, it's all personal preference.
To each his own, however ive heard many world qualifying SQ setups that made me want to swap my keys with the driver right there an then even if it was a bad deal for me. Of course they wouldnt because of all the hard work put in (have to have the power wire zip tied every 6"! and be visible underneith the rightside of the vehicle)

The full DD German set can do more than hold its own against anything under $2500, at close to a 1/10 of the price... There are no better materials to use than what these big companys are using on there top of the line "german made" components.

But anyway lets leave this thread alone so garrow can find his components sorry for the hijack

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.