Need Some Help!

flatlandin_man2
10+ year member

AJ
Ok, im sure everyone has already asked this question before like a thousand times or so, but im in a hurry and need to know now. I have a stereo comp coming up soon and i need to buy new subs and amp. As of right now i have a Legacy 1800watt 2 channel pushing two 12" Power Acoustik FUBR's, and i hit 130.1DB at the last comp, but i need to hit higher at the next comp to place good. Too make a long story short, i have 210$ to spend on new subs and amp, maybe more. But anywayz, i was thinking Kicker Comp VR's, i can get them for like 180$ on ikesound, but then should i use my shitty legacy or save some more money and buy a better amp??? Any help would be greatly appreciated> thanxz.

man legacy is bad news, youd be doing better with 1 kicker and a better amp id say. i had a legacy amp and it caught on fire 12 times, and when it was working wasnt very loud. id never waste 20 bux like that again.

just my input.

Look into an SE...or maybe you can land a SeXXX from David (TeamPSI) for around $200 or so...

A single SE with a good amount of power will get you into the 140's...

yeah, the last comp i went to a guy w/ 2 comp vr 15's in a ported box with about 600 watts (RMS!) place just below me...he broke 140 i believe....like a 140.x I'd check out the comp vr's and a decent amp that will put out the needed RMS power. Also, if u got the money and time...check out the recommendations above...from teampsi, that is the way i would go...do it right this time...so u not disappointed again. good luck, peace

NG

OH yeah, one more question, i have a custom made box in my car made by me and my bro, and i think it is like 2 or 2.5ft^3 for each sub, and it is sealed. Would it be better if i were to port it, and if so, how do i tune my box then??

man legacy is bad news, youd be doing better with 1 kicker and a better amp id say. i had a legacy amp and it caught on fire 12 times, and when it was working wasnt very loud. id never waste 20 bux like that again.

just my input.
holy crap....there's a person i hav enot seen in some time.....how goes it man?

OH yeah, one more question, i have a custom made box in my car made by me and my bro, and i think it is like 2 or 2.5ft^3 for each sub, and it is sealed. Would it be better if i were to port it, and if so, how do i tune my box then??
If your going for SPL, it will be louder if you do port them. First off find out exactually how big the box is, although it is a better idea to use a common chamber so the drivers are tuned and peak at the same frequencies. Next tuning the box is quite simple, it seems you have a grasp of box building from looking at the pics of your current setup. You can DL WinISd and someone can guide you through the process or ask and someone and they will figure you out a port size depending on the size of your box and what you want to tune it too. If ya need help and have AIM dont be afraid to ask me, or anyone else around here.

If I were you I would simply buy a nicer amp, and just use the Power Acoustics till you can afford better subs. There isnt a doubt in my mind they have the ability to get louder than 130. A new ported box tuned to hit your cars Resonance Frequency and a better amp should give you a pretty good set up till you can afford something much better. The amp's gotta go

OK, i ditched the gay legacy and bought a Bazooka ELA300.1 Mono amp. So now i am pushing 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2ohms to my subs and they pound sooo much harder now, ill post what i hit next weekend at the the comp. Thanxz for the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.