Need some help with my setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

JamesLMT

Number of subs preferred: 1

Size preferred (if configuration allows): 12"

Budget: I don't have a budget really, but I'm not looking to win competitions. I'm just looking for a mid-range setup to add some more thump to my daily drives. If we really need to throw a cap on it, I'd like to keep it under a grand.

Power to be used (which amp(s), include which resistance): Don't have any gear yet, so this isn't a factor to be considered at the moment. Though I probably won't be adding more than one sub so the "add another sub down the line" doesn't apply.

Space available (take measurements, do not guess): Dimensions for sub box: 17 x 32 x 19 (though depth can be increased.)

Goals: Just a bit more bass. The system I have currently puts out a good deal of bass, but I have the gain turned up a bit on my HUD and rather not be pushing my current speakers for that level.

Listening habits: Rap, R & B, Pop (girlfriend, don't ask), some rock.

Preferred brands/subs/whatever: Don't have preferred brands, but have been lurking for quite awhile. SA-12 and the MAG v3 seem to be solid "bang for your buck" contenders. Recs for amps would be highly appreciated.

A little more info: The model car I have is a 2007 lexus gs 350 with the mark levinson audio upgrade. Looking to use a ported setup. I keep reading posts and keep getting more questions than answers because of how knowledgeable about this stuff you all are. Some questions that came up.

-Do I need an line converter (i.e. LC2i)

-Is investing in the Big 3 better for your car, even if your lights don't dim on heavy bass?

-With my car, everything is pretty well insulated from sound, would further deadening increase sound quality?

Thanks for all the help in advance guys!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.