Need some help, recommendations for a budget?

Participant count
  • Participant list

caubs

Hey guys,

I was hoping to get your opinion on a Sub/Amp/Box combo I was looking at. I'm still very much new at the car audio scene, so I could be way off here. Currently, what I have is a little below 400$ and that's pretty much the most I want to spend.

Amp: Kenwood KAC-9105D

Amplifier install kit

Subs: Polk Audio db1040dvc (2x)

Box: Sonic Sub Boxes 2H10-1.5-BLACK (2h1015-black) Dual 10" Hatchback

and I was going to buy some Polyester fill to place on the inside of the box

Unfortunately I have to buy the box pre-fab, as I don't have access to a garage/tools. Was planning to hook them up through 4ohms @ 500W.

I listen mostly to rock and metal, a bit of bass-heavy rap/hip hop. I'd much rather have good quality sounding bass vs something that will wake up the entire neighborhood.

How bad is the set up I have currently? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif Are dual 10"s even the best route to go, would a single 12" or better quality 10" be better for what I want? Any suggestions?

That's dependent on your room as far as the sub/subs size and box. Sealed is better for sq. but don't expect very much boom or heavy bass yes it's true that $400 is a low budget. But I wouldn't waste your money on the kenwood amp. The polls are ok for entry level subs You might look on the forum here for some used equipment or better yet. A audiopipe aspm amp $100 2 of their new subs that just came out. $100 4 gauge amp kit $25-$50 that leaves $150 for a better box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.