Need Some help Finding the right subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sound Gorillaz
10+ year member

Hello Car Audiophiles,

I am looking to find some help with my system. I am starting fresh cause I just got a new car. All I have at the moment is my head unit, which is a Rockford Fosgate RF9300X MP3 player. Now I am looking for the best set of sumbs and speakers to put in my 1996 Chrysler/Dodge Intrepid. I have been looking at Lightning Audio, Fusion, Cerwin Vega...... But I am not having any luck making a decision.

I am looking to get components for up front....(thinking 6.5") and two-ways for the back. I also have two 3.5" in the dash but might not use them or replace them.

For subs I would like to get three 12" or 10". But need suggestions for what type and set-up. I would like a little room in the trunk but that is willingly sacrificed for awesome sound.

So any help would be great.

Thanks From

Sound Gorillaz

the 3 sub way is almost past.... but i would say a good sub is a kld from kove and if you want a simple yet effective front stage a braixal set from cdt would be very easy to put in and sound marvelous. if you are looking into "best" wait for the euro series to be released those are suposed to compete with the focal utopia line at half the price and so far what i am hearing is quite favorable.

http://www.mobilaudio.com go to manufacturers then you will get a huge list...some fly by night companies some of the good stuff all in alphabetical order. you can go to their sites. i know gary kovener (just not a good speller of names and im to lazy to look it up lol) and cdt is the old cliff designs people who been doin this for a long time. the kld is a very forgiving sub that is a great mix between sq and thumpage where the cdt's are a component coaxial with great 60 db crossovers and are controlled dispersion for a door location.simple imaging factor so a first timer can get great results... mind you it might not be the greatest you'll ever hear (aka mark eldridge that class) but it would smoke about 98% of the people that think they know all lol. plus that top 2% of competitors cars have very expensive stuff that makes you wonder why spend the extra 5000k to just get that result . best metaphor here would be listening to a set of paradigms for 750 bucks then listening to a set of comparable dynaudio speakers for twice the price...not saying that the dyns are not better but are they 750 bucks better?PS dont worry about the rears speakers a good amplified front stage is all that is needed.

welp if you use the cdt speakers you wouldnt see them it would look stock and stealth... the back is all you want. my car was pretty flashy was expensive but it did exactly what i wanted it to do plus i had kirk perry's knowledge to use to install it. if you dont know who he is........ask any buff if they remember THE first backseat driver car it was a pontiac lemans that did the first perfect 40 rta

nope but in 94 it finished 2nd at usac and iasca world finals in 97 took 4th at spring break nationals and 2nd at midwest shoot out . person that beat me made his debute at that show and was the eventual world champ. it was a 87 formula firebird with image dynamics speakers (6) and 3 soundstream amps. i had ultra comp 3 horns (9 lb tweeter) 8" midbasses in my kick panels and 2 idw 15 in a huge sealed box that was built into the car ps but now the guy that bought it put 8 12 inch memphis hps in it with 5 8" coaxials and it has 8 class d amps with 3 class ab amps hehe its for sale again for 7500 lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.