Need some components to keep up with 2 15"s

desitdt
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Im installing two 15" PAP WMD's and need some components to keep up with my low end. The most important thing to me is making sure i have full range of frequencies, while also sounding good.

The two im looking at now are:

massive vk6 components

Crescndo CCX6.5

ive been told the crecendos can be crossed at 60hz and perform fine, what about the Massive's? i just want to make sure i have enough midbass and not just 10-50hz with my sub, then 150-ect with the comps. Would i be more pleased with either of these sets, then dedicated 6.5 or 8" midbasses in the rear doors?

if you want some true bad*** 6.5 comps you can always make your own set, for mids i highly suggest the mpyre 65mm's that im currently running, although it can be rather difficult to find them though, i paid 100 bucks for mine with the crossovers, then pick up a nice set of tweeters and run active so you can get enough power to the mpyres with out blowing the tweets.

You're asking a bit much out of a 6.5" midrange driver to play with authority down to 50 Hz at that price range. 60 Hz is a realistic crossover point, but for keeping up with 2 15s you need to go bigger.

well my box will be tuned to 35hz, thats all i know from the math. I assume that the subs will still play a bit above that? as im listening to my system now there is some parts of songs, like the bass line, where its to high for my 12"s but i barely get anything from the 6x8s

well my box will be tuned to 35hz, thats all i know from the math. I assume that the subs will still play a bit above that? as im listening to my system now there is some parts of songs, like the bass line, where its to high for my 12"s but i barely get anything from the 6x8s
You're not going to get any decent midbass out of cheapy 6x8's...if you really want midbass to keep up, you need cone area, and it'll take some fabricating to get it done. There's just no other way around it if you're truly wanting to somewhat blend well with a pair of 15" subs. Most people just live with the fact that it isn't going to happen and deal with their 6.5" components.

Im not quite ready to venture into fiberglassing pods, ect. Im not planning on running the 15's full all the time, i just have them in my room and want something nicer in my car then the 2 sealed L5s i have now. So im mainly looking for something that has a good range, maybe anything in the classifieds section?

are you going for SQ or just hear it. It shouldnt take much just to "keep up" . I just had rockford 6.5 all around in my truck doing 157 int he kick and could hear them just fine. I was tuned in the 40's ..

im really happy with my selenium 6w4p's 6.5s even when i had my 2 15s. i crossed them at 80hz and got the bass boost on the amp at like +4db. but you may need a pair of 6.5s or maybe do an 8 per door. your gonna need a good bit of cone area to keep up with 2 15s. but even if your 15s are x-overed at like 60hz most likely they are still gonna have more output up to 80hz than your 6.5s

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.