Need some clarification/advice (LOC)

Participant count
  • Participant list

kaltenberg91

So I bought a new car last year (2010 Impala (no bose)) and I'm no longer able to go without any bass. Since its xmas i figured its the perfect time to put some bass in the trunk. My question is essentially should I go with this "LOC" (Pac Aoem GM1416 Select Buick Chevrolet GMC Amplifier Add on Interface 4 CH RCA | eBay) That appears to hook right up to my stock head unit and give me the RCA's for an amp. Is there any real advantage to this over a LOC that taps right into the rear deck speakers? Also is there a difference in sound quality over a $30 LOC or a $100 AudioControl LOC? I know replacing the HU would be best, do it right ya ya, having had lots of different set-ups and power in the past and other cars I feel weird going this route but I'd like to keep the dash interface looking stock. If all else fails I have a nice JVC HU I can install but would like to give this LOC route a try.

My future setup;

Stock HU

(1) HDS312 sub

(1) Q1-1200D amp

Ported Enclosure 1.5-2^3

Knu Konceptz wires

(2) sets of Infinity Kappa 6.5 Compo's (already have)

Thanks for any help guys!

Cut off like turn keys off, open door stereo shuts off? The Audio Control has a built in processor correct? I was thinking the LOC would make a quick plug n play solution for my DD. If I have to put abunch of time under the dash I might as well get a trim kit and install my JVC unit. So is the only difference between the LOC I posted above and an more expensive option like the Audio Control the factory cut off? (Besides some useless option that dont apply to this application)

Ok. The FACTORY deck has a low end cut off so it does not send frequencies to the speakers they can not handle. A LC2 will bypass that and restore the signal.

A processor would allow you to completely set and tweak whatever is hooked to it.

Say you had amped front stage and sub. A processor hook up to the factory deck would give you 31 bands of EQ, time alignment, crossovers. Better than any aftermarket deck besides one still available right now.

Oh ok frequency cut-off, makes sense. Since the low-end cut-off is coming from the head unit where do I need to install the LC2 then? Processor would be nice but I don't think I need one at this time.

Ok great thank you very much btw. I will amp them in the future, when I install everything I'm going to run wires like it was amped (since everything will be torn apart already). A second amp isn't in my car audio budget right now, gotta buy too many gifts for other people haha. Soon though I hope.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.