Need some advice

st0n3r
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok, so ive been rocking my single Kicker L7 15" on a Rockford t1500dbcp amp for awhile now. Im really not too impressed. Its gets loud and takes a beating, but it just doesnt feel like this sub hits as hard as id like, and it doesnt really feel like it gets low. I have a run of 0awg from hood to trunk to a 2nd battery, through a 2farad cap than to the amp. I had a custom enclosure designed here thats like 4.25cubes @ 33hz with a 6" aero on it. Any ideas on what different 12 or a pair of 10's i could go with that would hit harder and get lower? I couldnt do as big of a box as id like with my car because i need a little of the trunk space so thats why its only 4.25 with the 15".

You wanna upgrade the amp or trying to get louder with the same power? And 4.25cf your max space you can give up?

Also what can you spend?

2 12s will work with that size box easily. And more power 2 12s will give you more cone area. What's your budget like for new box amp subs

Well i had answered this already, but seems my post was removed or something.

If im able to re-use the amplifier that would be awesome as it cost a good chunk of $$, but if not no biggie. I can always try to resell it. If i only need to add new sub(s) i think about $500'ish for subs. If i need a new amp and sub's than maybe about $800, but those are just estimates and also do not factor in recooping some of the money from reselling my 15 and the amp.

amp is ok , dump the cap and L7 sub .build a new box and get a couple of xfl 12's you be louder if the box is built right .the subs are about 190 each shipped for the new versions. box would be about 250 shipped for a custom one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.