Need some advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

zthumper
10+ year member

Don't call it a comeback
MW
Well I am looking to upgrade my front speakers becuase I have the stock ones now. I'm not worried about the back ones so they can stay. Should I get ones with the tweeters built in i think there called co-axials or should i get some components and tweeters. I don't really want to cut into anythin to mount the tweeters. Do i need to amp any other this or can i run it off the head unit (Pioneer DEHP6600)? Lookin for good quality sound that isn't too expensive. I am kind of partial to kicker products so are any of theres good?

it has been said that components are the mest way to go... you would need to make a baffle for the mid-woofer and tweeter but that is easy...

kicker make quality components if you want to stick with them. WHATEVER YOU DO, amp them.... will make a WORLD of difference

what is your budget?

What vehicle are these going in. I think there are better options for components than kicker, so whats the budget. It will be much better if you amp the components also.

nice budget... go with a kicker zx 100.2 or 200.2, something along those lines... and find some kicker components... with make for a great front stage... also, check out the speaker section for the sticky about SOUND DEADENING your doors... will make a world of difference i've been told

What vehicle are these going in. I think there are better options for components than kicker, so whats the budget. It will be much better if you amp the components also.
99 Ranger 4 door, what other brands? , 500 bucks mentioned above

If you want to make a worthwhile improvement, do a biamped sub/satellite system... at a minimum, you need a 4-channel amp with built in crossovers, sub, sub box, and one set of component speakers or coaxes. Front channels of the amp power the components or coaxes up front, rear channels power the sub(s). These days, it can be done for not much more than it would cost to buy a new CD player and four coaxes.

Many tweeters that come with component speakers can be surface mounted. Component speaker will give you better sound quality for your dollar... they usually have separate crossovers and tweeters. The coaxes are a one-piece solution... quality crossovers and tweeters don't come in a one-piece solution.

Unless you are at the age where you are starting to grow hair in your ears (don't laugh, it will happen, LOL!), you will probably not be satisfied just upgrading speakers.

For a cheap low power, great sound quality sub, check out the blowouts on credencespeakers.com - you won't believe the prices. Credence makes or has made speakers for JL Audio, Kicker, and a ton of other brand names.

For a cheap low power, great sound quality sub, check out the blowouts on credencespeakers.com - you won't believe the prices. Credence makes or has made speakers for JL Audio, Kicker, and a ton of other brand names.
Not lookin for subs already have 2 12's and the sub/amp setup is pretty well taken care of now I need a better front stage.

Not lookin for subs already have 2 12's and the sub/amp setup is pretty well taken care of now I need a better front stage.

Great! - so all you need is a front amp and components... I would think you could find a very good amp around the $100.00 range... I would spend as much as you can on comps... once you have reasonable power, the sound quality is in installation and your front speakers.

Do you guys think if I got these 2 items that it take care of my whole front stage besides sound deadening? What else would I need? Would the quality be good and loud?
Components:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Gc1vC11V3PC/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?search=kicker+components&i=2065KS52

Amp:

http://www.cardomain.com/item/KIC06ZX2002

That would be fine. Even better would be The orion P series components at onlinecarstereo.

The ultimate... since you like kicker so much, if you could find their new high end SS56.2 components near wholesale ($325) and find a better amp value such as the prices of some of the DEi, directed, viper, orion, PPi, and the refurbished amps at ikesound.com.... that's the way I would go for $500.00

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.