Need some Advice please

Blang

Hello guys first post since joining please be gentle

So let me start by saying I have a 10" skar audio vvx10v2 on a Hifonics Zeus ZRX1500.1D and I had some headlight dimming and was recommended a cap since I'm only pushing 700 watts so I got one and installed it... it helped but it's still dimming a little bit but I just ordered a second 10 and I will be upgrading to a CAB 1600.1 for its 2ohm power since I didn't think ahead. I ordered dual 2 so currently running 1 ohm but with the second it's either .5 or 2ohm so 2 it is and the cab 1600.1 pushes 1300-1600 at 2 ohms but now I need to toss the cap and order a Kinetik bat, do the big 3 and run 1/0 instead of 4awg. I have an issue tho stock alt. I drive a 2011 Nissan Versa sedan with the 1.8 and can't seem to find an alt that fits that pushes more than 80amp

So I need advice do you think the stock alt at 80 amps and handle 2 batteries (maybe 3) to supply an amp that pulls 100 amps at full tilt at 2 ohms?

myin7i7.jpg

also, i know mounting to the box is bad but have you seen a versa? lol there is nothing to actually mount too

also, already revised my grounding was a bad idea to run a ground from amp to cap then cap to ground so now both have separate grounds

Could try a northstar battery, but in all honesty your going to be pulling more amps than alt puts out.

Depends on your listening demands.

If your wanting to play full tilt a lot your alts in trouble.....but if your going to be riding around at normal volume and just burp it for a few mins at a time your alt should do fine with an extra battery.

If you go with an agm battery make sure the starting battery is the same type.

ok, that is news to me thanks, I had no idea I needed to go AGM front and back I was just going to strap 1 in the back and stock bat in front, I also just found a Bosch, and a Duralast gold alt that is 100a for my car do you think that would work? I run the single full tilt a lot 2 will prolly do the same but if its will hurt the car to much i guess ill have to tone it down a bit

Get a voltmeter, once you get below 12 turn it down. If you are bassing for long periods, extra batteries wont do anything but delay the voltage drop. Plus once the batterir s are depleted theyll be using current to recharge along side your amp.

Thanks for the information guys helps a lot to receive solid feedback instead of flame and I did forget to mention I do have a voltmeter in the car lowest I have seen was 13.2v but jumps right back to 14-14.4

Last edited by a moderator:
op said he wants to go bigger on amp, and extra sub.

So his alt will not keep up if he plays full tilt a lot.

Mechman, Dc Power, Singer, Stinger, Gp, Ohio generator, and many others make great high output alts.

I would say grab a 270-320 high output and call it a day. Will cost you but next time you want to upgrade the power will be paid for and waiting on you.

Mechman and gp audio did have these on sale. I got a 320 mechman for $499 and a gp 370 for $575

Now if you do the h.o alt, get a run of 1/0 ofc (copper not cca) and send to your amp.....below 2000rms I wouldn't worrie about double runs of 1/0. You can always add runs later if you need. General rule of thumb is 1/0 for 300 amps of current flow.

yeah alt that small with cab u need to do big 3 wires under hood 1st if u haven't.. i wouldn't run that cab below 1 ohm, peeps have done it but idk how long they'll last at that load.. u need to email whoever and see if u can return the d2 (maybe even cancel the order if u can sell other skar and get 1 good sub 12 or 15 ported to run on that cab) i understand no having room but if u had no other place for amp that box u shouldn't have ordered a cab.. coulda got orion xtr 1000 for about $229 does over 1350rms others for tad more., stuff on sale now u can get cab or skar anytime.. if u can return what u bought u be better off and then let peeps here recommend stuff..

You can go to my information and take a look and see what was done or installed in my 98 CRV that had an 80 amp alt, and I generally slammed all day long at 2 ohms mono.hit hard enough that it was all could do to keep my roof from creasing due to not spending any extra time or funds deadening the roof,knowing I wasnt going to keep the vehicle forever or any longer

I took airbox out and placed a short Cold air intake on, placed a bracket upfront and put a group 78/34 AGM battery under the hood with the Big3 in 2 ga and ran 2 ga supply and placed another group 78/34 AGM in tire well,and grounded that to the rear end and placed a solid Distro block for grounding..Did the ELD Bypass and had plenty of power for over two years,and it slammed on the daily.You could have sworn I was running in a 1 ohm load..and at lower volumes it sounded very nice and clean with exception of all the plastics in the vehicle that vibrated all the time. I had my wipers in the front that would move approx 1-2"off the glass.I think I only deadened the front doors and floor board. Rest I left alone.looking at a 2 dr. 02 Tahoe to do a small system in this next go around..I may even look at a Yukon 4dr.same year model.

So I think if you get that Big 3 done and get the largest AGM you can under the hood and the same in line/ for the rear..for that Cab 1600, @2ohms, on that 80 amp alt, I think you will be just fine man.I was at 1750 rms and did fine at full tilt driving down the highway never had any voltage issues.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.