Jvc unit in a 2005 kia spectra sxhatchback

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello i have a JVC unit that shows the message "check wiring then reset" i was told that this could be a grounding issue. where would this ground be located? also wondering if anyone knows what i can do to fix thisproblem without going to an audio shop and paying for it. Thanks for all help.

Hello i have a JVC unit that shows the message "check wiring then reset" i was told that this could be a grounding issue. where would this ground be located? also wondering if anyone knows what i can do to fix thisproblem without going to an audio shop and paying for it. Thanks for all help.
Unscrew the dash by looking on youtube on how to remove your radio.
Then find the black wire behind the headunit and see if there is any damage or if its not connected correctly.

But i would assume this issue would be because of your power wire or ignition wire.

Those should be the red and yellow wires.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Unscrew the dash by looking on youtube on how to remove your radio.
Then find the black wire behind the headunit and see if there is any damage or if its not connected correctly.

But i would assume this issue would be because of your power wire or ignition wire.

Those should be the red and yellow wires.

i will try try this thankyou. i will let you know what if the problem is fixed
Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

i will try try this thankyou. i will let you know what if the problem is fixed
it was a combinationof both the power wire being loose and also the ground from the unit to vehicle was fried getting too hott my new problem to try and fix. thanks for your help

it was a combinationof both the power wire being loose and also the ground from the unit to vehicle was fried getting too hott my new problem to try and fix. thanks for your help
That sux, make sure not to use electrical tape as slmething to keep it together.
Use wire caps or buttconnectors.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.