Need some advice on a system, including enclosure

Matt6906
10+ year member

Hey guys, first let me thank anyone who offers help.

I'm trying to install a system in my Altima (sedan). I'm currently looking at getting 2 Alpine SWR-1243D, powered by the Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200.1D. To my understanding, I should be able to push RMS wattage to each sub with this amp.

I am also debating the issue of getting a ported or sealed enclosure. I mainly listen to rock, but I do listen to rap as well. I'd like to have a strong, tight punch for my rock, and also a smooth bass line that won't overpower rap. Mainly, I'm interested in sound quality, but I do want to turn heads when I'm going down the street. To my understanding, a large sealed box may be the best for this setup?

This is my first time designing a system. If anyone has any recommendations regarding the amp, box, or subs themselves (I even considered getting 10"s), please let me know Thanks again.

in my experience sealed boxes produce dammpened down sound and my ported boxes produce smoother/louder bass. i had two kicker cvr 10" in a custom ported box... hounded. then went to a traditional under the seat front-fire enclosure it wasn't as good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.