need recommendations for upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

subbd

CarAudio.com Newbie
USA
i currently have an american bass xfl 12 and a taramps 3000, its in a pretty big custom box but i still want it to be louder, it needs to stay in trunk build territory but what do yall suggest i change up, should i get one big 18 or 3 12s, should i get a taramps 5k or even 8k, whats the best route for me to take?

depends on how much louder you want it. id model it up in WinISD and see what you get

id try different box sizes, more subs, different size subs etc

i currently have an american bass xfl 12 and a taramps 3000, its in a pretty big custom box but i still want it to be louder, it needs to stay in trunk build territory but what do yall suggest i change up, should i get one big 18 or 3 12s, should i get a taramps 5k or even 8k, whats the best route for me to take?
What Model XFL 12? the 1244 or 1222? What is the Taramps lowest ohm rating at ? Is it a 1ohm stable or 2 ohm stable or 4 ohm stable amplifier?

Last edited:
What Vehicle do you have? Have you done the Big 3 or any other Electrical upgrades other than just Plane Stock Alternator and under the hood Normal Lead Battery? What size is tour Supply wiring to the sub amplifier? Are you running a stock HU with an LOC or do you have an aftermarket HU? What size is the enclosure you have now and what is it tuned too? How is the box laid out and subwoofer to port location, and set inside the trunk space?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...