need recommendations. 6.5"

Participant count
  • Participant list

xX J Brutal Xx
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I need a set of 6.5" components and a set of coaxial's for the rears. i have been searching non stop. I finally thought i found what i needed then i noticed they were 2ohm so now im dealing with more wattage from my amp. i found the JBL P662 & JBL 608c. also been looking at some Polk Audios

so my budget is no more than $150 per set cheaper is a +

my wattage is either 70x4 @ 4ohm or 115x4 @ 2ohm

the JBL's are rated 75 RMS @ 2ohm i dont know if the 115 will be too much. the price is right i can get them for under $100 for each set and they seem to have good reviews.

Magnum Research 50AE 6.5in Revolver

49480.jpg

I need a set of 6.5" components and a set of coaxial's for the rears. i have been searching non stop. I finally thought i found what i needed then i noticed they were 2ohm so now im dealing with more wattage from my amp. i found the JBL P662 & JBL 608c. also been looking at some Polk Audios
so my budget is no more than $150 per set cheaper is a +

the JBL's are rated 75 RMS @ 2ohm i dont know if the 115 will be too much. the price is right i can get them for under $100 for each set and they seem to have good reviews.
Check with Tallc in the Classifieds..He has some nice Massive speakers, and may be able to get other sizes as well.I bought a 6.5 component set, and they sound great for the money.Hit him up,Honest,and very easy to deal with.Great guy

Too much power should not hurt speakers. It's good for headroom. You will get tighter more realistic sound IMO. The only concern is that at 2ohms amplifiers run less efficiently (more heat, more current consumption). This could be a problem with many Class A/B amps (and even Class D amps) with no sufficient air flow. This is something to keep in mind. I have run a 5-channel pure Class A/B amp with all channels running at 2ohms with no problems, except for a couple of 105F degree days, but it was mounted horizontally with plenty air flow around it.

Too much power should not hurt speakers. It's good for headroom. You will get tighter more realistic sound IMO. The only concern is that at 2ohms amplifiers run less efficiently (more heat, more current consumption). This could be a problem with many Class A/B amps (and even Class D amps) with no sufficient air flow. This is something to keep in mind. I have run a 5-channel pure Class A/B amp with all channels running at 2ohms with no problems, except for a couple of 105F degree days, but it was mounted horizontally with plenty air flow around it.
yeah this is a 5 channel as well and i have the sub running @ 2 ohm already.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.