Need recommendation for a head unit

Searchname

I need a single din HU that can:

1. Play DVDs
  2. Has a RCA video out on the back of the unit
  3. Does not come with a screen of any sort

It seems like every unit I come across either has a screen built in to the front plate or a popout screen of some sort. I already have a screen, I just need the head unit to play DVDs and have the yellow out on the back. I can't imagine that it would be difficult to find, but my searches for "car stereo DVD" at Amazon or Crutchfield yields only HU's with screens integrated. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

if you find one please post because i dont think it exists. if it plays dvds its going to have a screen, you want half a dvd player not really a market for those.

what aduiobaun posted is probably your best bet

Well, my wife had a 2004 Chrysler T&C at one point and it had a 5-disc DVD unit w/o a TV. We ended up installing one in the back to work with it. Come to think of it, the unit probably wasn't a single din though.

We have a Sauna in our house that has a single din HU and it plays DVDs, that's what I'm actually after is to replace it because it's very picky as to which DVDs it plays and I have to run a cord from the AUX port on the front of the HU to the back of the screen to watch Netflix or DVDs, would be much easier with the yellow RCA video out jack on the back of the HU, then everything would be behind the cedar panel. The newer sauna units have a Blaupunkt "Sunlighten" in them (specially made for sauna co), but I can't locate one anywhere.

In any event, the HU in my Sauna is a single din with a removable faceplate, but is a "made in China" no brand. It was designed to work with a different screen. The company upgraded their newer sauna models with an Android screen that has apps (Netflix, Hulu, etc). The current HU works, but the wiring is less than desirable and it doesn't play all DVDs (especially my wife's educational DVDs), which is driving my wife mad... Not to mention, the AUX port has some irritating static feedback.

Thanks for your help. I'm going to find one and I'll post it once I do.

Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if this will help, but check into an Eclipse 55090. It's an older head unit, has a copper chassis, will play DVDs, and I don't think it has a screen. You can find them on Ebay occasionally. It's an extremely high-end SQ head unit. You will need an external amp with this head unit. I am pretty sure it has the RCA video out, but am not positive on that. If this fits your criteria, you will end up with one of the best head units ever made. Just thought you'd like to know about this unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.