need parts help

Participant count
  • Participant list

st0n3r
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok, this is a total newb question, but i have brain farted and cant think.

I have done the big 3 in 0awg which is a top post battery. I am also running 2 strands of 0awg from the battery to my trunk for a 2nd battery.

What can i buy that will hook up to a top mount battery that allows for me to install 0awg directly to it? I thought it was a distro block, but they seem to not be exactly what im looking for.

Can anyone tell me what they are technically called or proide me a link to some?

thanks

I need some that are 2 x 0awg inputs (1 for my + big 3 and 1 for my run to my trunk) Same with the ground, so i need a total of 4 of these things.

thanks for the information //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i dont want ring terminals because it just becomes sloppy looking with all those wires there. I wound up getting

Amazon.com: Tsunami BT703 Positive and Negative (2) 1/0 Gauge (2) 8 Gauge Out Battery Terminals: Car Electronics

Ill make some nice cover to go over them. Sonic Electronix had some but it was $11 for shipping for standard 6 day shipping and they were the same price (within $1.00 of amazon) but they did have the covers. I get free 2 day shipping with Amazon so they got my business.

thanks for the information //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
i dont want ring terminals because it just becomes sloppy looking with all those wires there. I wound up getting

Amazon.com: Tsunami BT703 Positive and Negative (2) 1/0 Gauge (2) 8 Gauge Out Battery Terminals: Car Electronics

Ill make some nice cover to go over them. Sonic Electronix had some but it was $11 for shipping for standard 6 day shipping and they were the same price (within $1.00 of amazon) but they did have the covers. I get free 2 day shipping with Amazon so they got my business.
Thing about those ..are that they tend to loosen up, and fall out,and arc..with the ring terminals,its a solid connection..ive had both, and have gone right back to the ring terminals,due to arcing situation.And the terminals you have chosen, just the allen screw only hold so much of the wire in tact/connect too,ring terminals are more of a solid connection/more if not all the wire/strands make a connection..They look nice though..just from my experience

Thing about those ..are that they tend to loosen up, and fall out,and arc..with the ring terminals,its a solid connection..ive had both, and have gone right back to the ring terminals,due to arcing situation.And the terminals you have chosen, just the allen screw only hold so much of the wire in tact/connect too,ring terminals are more of a solid connection/more if not all the wire/strands make a connection..They look nice though..just from my experience
Do you think these ones are a better fit for preventing arcing and still giving a clean look? I will be paying $11 more for these compared to the Amazon ones.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_20636_Tsunami-TSBT-PN.html#tabs

forgot to link them lol

Do you think these ones are a better fit for preventing arcing and still giving a clean look? I will be paying $11 more for these compared to the Amazon ones.
You may be able to Silver solder them in tight?Or some kind of soldering? That is something to investigate for the combination of the two metals reaction to maintain security/compatibility.Id have to look that one up myself, unless some one on here has done it already

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.