need opionions on 6.5's and amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mansfield

I have a 95 camaro and I currently have 4 Alpine Type-s 6.5's I was planning on selling the 2 front ones and keeping the 2 rear type-s' and getting the type R's but I wanted to know if there are better 6.5's for around the same price? Kind of new to car audio. I also need an amp to power all 4 because the 4 type-s's are running on power from the head unit right now and with this upgrade (and even right now) I feel I need an amp to reach the level of sound I want.

Thanks!

There are many components that will be the the same price range. From cdt to phd and a few others the $300+ price point will get you a new set. As far as a amp ,a 5 channel would be a good start leaves room for a sub to

Kind of confused, is keeping the rear type s' until I can afford new ones a bad idea? I don't really want to wait until I can buy a whole new set.

I personally wouldn't bother amping a $60 pair of mids... but if that's what you feel you need to do, you're not going to get a very noticeable difference by buying a different $60 set. Just amp the ones you have, and deaden your doors.

no, I want to get a better set for the front and keep the rear until I get another set for the rear. is that confusing?
You're not going to get a noticeable difference if you stay in the same price bracket. Unless you want to upgrade to a higher price bracket, there is no point in getting new ones unless the ones you have are damaged.

I wanted type R's which is around $120, I'm willing to go up if it makes a bigger difference, but I have $350 for speakers and an amp at the moment
Amping your full set of Type S mids and deadening your doors will have a bigger difference than getting one pair of Type Rs and an amp.

Are your doors deadened now?

Your main focus at this point should be the front stage you can get an amp and use what you have now. Deaden the doors is a must and seal the speakers to the stock door panels then you can get speakers as needed or wanted If it was me if start with the amp then front doors and not a $120 set get a better set then rears and maybe a sub

alright, thanks. and suggestions on an amp? and I've never heard of deadening the doors but I looked it up and the way the speakers fit in my doors it will be kind of difficult but i'll get around to it after I get an amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.