Need more power!!!

C1500martin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Cali
Hit my first comp today and was disapointed so now i need more powahhhhh! My question is since i have 2 d1 subs i can only wire to 1ohm. What i was thinking is running an amp per sub at .5 each amp, i had sq4500 in mind. What would happen if i strap them at 1ohm is it the same thing? Each amp will see .5 although they recommend 2ohms. Is this super dangerous? Should i just run an amp per sub and gain match? I have access to a cc-1 and dd-1

Its essentially the same thing though huh? If i strap them at 1 ohm or if i gain match each amp at .5 right?

since my box rise is so high i should just gain match the2 amps at .5 instead of buying say a xfire 8k right? its more benefitital? plus it'll be a lot cheaper with the ams at 600 this friday or if i buy used even cheaper might even be able to keep it under $1k for 8k watts

only thing i dont like about gain match is due to the slight variations in the power each sub will get, seems like internal circuitry handling that and making it equal would be more beneficial to eliminate phase and other issues, but then again who knows it might be so small in variation that we couldn't audibly hear it.

Is it the same thing though? if i gain match or strap? regardless my amps will see .5 each? but strapped is it more dangerous or is there no difference at all. .5 is .5 strapped or separate?

I strapped at .25 each before. Blew one amp and it did not take the other with it. The master blew and slave was fine.

I would always strap before I gain match.

No difference.

cool so i guess its set, anyone know somebody selling an sq3500? might get the one on caco if i can find a matching one, save myself some decent mula$$$

only thing i dont like about gain match is due to the slight variations in the power each sub will get, seems like internal circuitry handling that and making it equal would be more beneficial to eliminate phase and other issues, but then again who knows it might be so small in variation that we couldn't audibly hear it.
Every time i strap, its always weaker than if i gain matched. Rise is usually higher too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.