Need Input on Good system

Participant count
  • Participant list

Btm

So I just bought a 2012 f150 fx4 supercrew and want to replace the stock system with something awesome because they're so called premium sony system i tested out was weak(I'm no expert but that system was garbage). Anyways I've never bought or installed anything before but I have some ideas laid out let me know if I'm wasting money or could do something better, or is all this necessary???. I would like to keep my steering wheel functions, i have sirius xm radio as well, and sync.

JL Audio CP208LG-W3v3

dual 8" subwoofers enclosed $500

PIONEER STAGE 4 TS-C132PRS

5 1/4' component speaker system $800

or

Jl Audio C5-570 and C5-525 $600 each

JL Audio HD Series Hd900/5 $1000

Pioneer AVH-P8400BH $650

OR

Alpine IVE-W535HD $700

Also, how much would it be to get it professionally installed, what else would i need?

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
So I just bought a 2012 f150 fx4 supercrew and want to replace the stock system with something awesome because they're so called premium sony system i tested out was weak(I'm no expert but that system was garbage). Anyways I've never bought or installed anything before but I have some ideas laid out let me know if I'm wasting money or could do something better, or is all this necessary???. I would like to keep my steering wheel functions, i have sirius xm radio as well, and sync.
JL Audio CP208LG-W3v3

dual 8" subwoofers enclosed $500

PIONEER STAGE 4 TS-C132PRS

5 1/4' component speaker system $80a0

or

Jl Audio C5-570 and C5-525 $600 each

JL Audio HD Series Hd900/5 $1000

Pioneer AVH-P8400BH $650

OR

Alpine IVE-W535HD $700

Also, how much would it be to get it professionally installed, what else would i need?

Any input would be greatly appreciated
You can do much better than the Pioneer stage 4 components -Look at Morel Hybrid 502 - Morel 5.25" 2-Way Component Speaker. JL Audio component speakers are good but you can do much better for the same money. Look at both Morel and Focal for high end component speakers.

JL Audio HD 900/5 is a great amp but the Alpine PDX 9V is bang for the buck a better amp for half the cost.

Look at the Pioneer AVH 8500 BH instead of the 8400 (old model), the 8500 is the 2013 model (same cost).

Good luck and don't forget sound deadening for the floor and doors!

You put together a crutch field cart

Honestly what you have isn't bad it's just pricy and while I like the stage 4 I'd take the jl over it.

The pioneer 8500 will have a better screen and better tuning features than the alpine bu you can't go wrong with either.

The jbl ms line of speakers would be my choice though they are cheaper than the jl but sound just as good

The alpine 8 would get my pick over the jl if going mainstream otherwise any sundown audio eight will be better I like the sd2 8 for sealed boxes

The amp is great I would look at the pbr500x1 and pbr300x4 for compact size and lower price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.