need help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

mindcrime

Ok, here it goes. I have a 2000 mits diamante with a stock infinity system. 2 years ago I put in a Fosgate 301m amp, 2 fosgate 12's, and a q-logic box. I used a line out converter since I didn't want to change the HU. It sounded very good. I few weeks ago, my 6 1/2 door speakers blew, and I replaced them with 2 alpines. Then I figured what the hell, and changed the HU. I put in a Pioneer DEH-P7700. Since I didn't want to re-wire all the speakers, I got an adapter from Cardomain that connects my factory amp to the Pioneer. Now that it is all hooked up and working, the sound is not to good. My fosgate amp is hooked up to the sub output on the HU, I have bass, but it sounds "tight". I doesn't sound low like it used to. I adjusted the crossover to 50hz, then 80hz, and not much difference. All of my other speakers sound ok, but I am dissapointed with the "over all " sound. It sounds kinda "tinny". I checked all the wiring and it is correct. My subs are 8ohms, bridged down to 4 ohms in a sealed box. If I was to get 2 4ohm speakers and bridge them down to 2ohms, would that make a difference? I thought by changing the HU I would get better sound, and more control over my subs because before I had the line out converter and now I have the sub out on my deck. Any suggestions? HELP!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance....

if ur lookin for new subs u could post it in the subwoofer forum. BUt other wise are u sure you got ur sub rca hooked to the Sub preout? and is ur sub control turned up or down?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.