Need help

Participant count
  • Participant list

TrevorP

Ok I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I have a JL (don't judge it was free from a friend) w3 v2 12 DVC sub and when I use a multimeter it shows that both coils have no continuity. I think it may be the tinsel leads but they're fine on the outside and from what I've seen they don't usually break on the inside. Any help would be appreciated.

Couple of free tests you can do is take a few small pieces of speaker wire hook it up to the terminal of the sub and the other to a small battery...doesn't matter which one or how big. The sub should move upwards. If it moves downwards, reverse the polarity. If nothing, you may have a blown sub.

Another thing you can do is place your hand flatly on the cone and press down....if you feel scratching at all, it's def blown.

Post pics if you can. Just noticed your in WA....where at? If your close, I can test it for ya, no charge. @TrevorP

I've already done the battery test and theres nothing also there is no rubbing the reason I didn't just decide it was blown is that everything is fine except there is no connection whatsoever on both coils. If it was blown wouldn't it just be very little or a lot of impedance and only on one coil or one more than the other? Also I was in my friends boat listening to it when it went out and it just stopped there wasn't a pop or anything. I'm kind of new to this but usually they don't just stop do they?

You might have seen or missed some magic white smoke we all call it....typically from a sub that's either on the brink of being blown or being clipped to death.

I've already done the battery test and theres nothing also there is no rubbing the reason I didn't just decide it was blown is that everything is fine except there is no connection whatsoever on both coils. If it was blown wouldn't it just be very little or a lot of impedance and only on one coil or one more than the other? Also I was in my friends boat listening to it when it went out and it just stopped there wasn't a pop or anything. I'm kind of new to this but usually they don't just stop do they?
sorry man.. if u can't get it working.. we can advise u on a replacement, we know where some good deals are if u give us a price range..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.