Need help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

ahasti

So this is my first post. and I have installed many of my friends systems its just my amplifier is ridiculously confusing. I have an autotek m4000.1 and it has 4 adjustment knobs on it. level (6v-.2v) Bass EQ (0db-18db) Sub Sonic (15hz-35hz) and Low Pass (30hz-250hz) as well as a "boost" knob. Also the head unit alpine CDE-102 has a 0-15 subwoofer setting.

I know what the filters do its just that when i measure the output on my O-scope and try to get the sine wave to not "square" off. No matter on the head unit the Bass EQ the Level or the bass boost knob. they all end up "squaring the wave".

when I set it to the level of not "squared" there is no way even 100 watts are getting to the subs.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!!

Even if it means to buy a newer amp, ive been looking for a reason too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Make sure you connect a mono signal to both inputs of the amp. Put a Y-cable on one of your stereo outputs if you are in doubt. Autotek says the signal connected to the R & L inputs on their mono amps needs to be a MONO signal, not stereo.

Then, as a starting point:

Set head unit subwoofer level to 0db

Set amp subsonic to 15Hz

Set amp LPass to 80Hz

Set amp boost to 0

Set amp bass eq to 0db

Set amp Level to min (6v)

Set head unit volume to 3/4 of max

Play a 50Hz test tone

Increase Level until amp clips and then back off a bit.

I have never heard of this in my life..

What makes Autotek so "Special"?

I haven't heard of anyone having to Y split a cable for Hifonics, MB quart or Crunch and since they are all owned and designed around the same company, Maxxsonics, if it effects Autotek, it trickles on down to all of their other brands as well.

Where is this information or misinformation coming from?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.