Need help!

Jeremy20
10+ year member

I have an 07 gmc sierra crew cab with busted speakers. I want a new cd player and just 2 speakers (i think thats all i need, ddint think i would really need all 4) for under $600. Ive already got an amp and i just want it to sound really good. My questions are, if i get this, is there a way to turn volume up from steering wheel after being replaced? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I still need some suggestions on speakers and cd player all for under $600. Want it to sound real good. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif thanks

If you have the basic audio system you have a 6.5" woofer and a separate 1" tweeter up front. What options do you want on your CD player besides steering wheel control output? You're going to need an adapter for that. Get the Axxess ASWC.

What amplifier do you have?

cadence txa-3002

150x2 @4 ohms 300x2 @ 2 ohms

My cd player doesnt have to work from steering wheel. I was looking for a good set of component speakers. I would like to spend around 400 on cd player and 200 on speakers. Or really whatever it takes but would like to stay under 700 total.

Too many choices out there for us to choose for you. Check Crutchfield for head units and find one that suits your needs, then we'll help you find the best price. As for speakers nobody knows what will sound good to you except you... visit as many car audio stores as you can and listen. Better yet ask friends who have upgraded their cars already and listen to them. Take your time and don't be hasty with your money... $700 is enough to get good stuff.

Tons of great HUs within that price range..

get some used components for around 200..

HUs, look into Pioneer, Alpine, Eclipse..If i were you i think 200-250 will get you more than what youll play with..

The rest of the money spend on sound deadening material for your doors, this will improve your the response you get from whatever speakers you choose to get;)

You can always add some rear 6x9s for extra bass, since you have no subs

ok so i was wandering if i got a dvd receiver would it produce the same quality as a cd receiver? this is the one i was looking at, Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD. If this is a decent receiver and will give me the output i want, where would be the cheapest place to get it? As far as component speakers, im not sure which brand is a good one. I think i had pioneers on my old truck and they were pretty good.

Ok so I think these are the components i want to get CTX65CS - Image Dynamics 6.5" Component Speaker System. Has anyone had these or have any better suggestions for that price range?

Im still stuck on picking out a head unit. I want something that is the best for right around $350 or less.

I'm running those very components in my car.i don't have them amped at the moment but being powered off my alpine deck they sound pretty **** good to me(very warm not to harsh sound,and midbass is decent off my HU)I could only imagine how good they sound at 100 wrms a piece.I replaced my alpine spr17 components with the ctx's,and I love the sound so far.To be honest I think the ID ctx 6.5's is as good as it gets for that price range.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.