Need help with XM install please!

Participant count
  • Participant list

94bronco58
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok this might get confusing but here it goes anyways... I installed the Roady 2 XM receiver in my truck a while back... everything worked perfect, gave that receiver to my brother (all wires still in same place from Roady 2 in my truck)... received a SKYFi2 receiver and put it in there using the same wires that I used from the Roady 2 (All looked the same when I compared them) now im getting alternator interference when the engines running... its wired into my head unit (no FM modulator) and when i pull the RCA's out from either the XM or the head unit the noise goes away... its not the RCA's and its not the ground or power wires going to the XM... can anyone possibly tell me what is causing the interference?

The mini jack used on some portable Xm or Sirius units uses a different jack. Check the mini plug or quarter inch plug, the contacts may not align correctly.

Anyone else have any suggestions? Im getting frustrated with this thing cause I can only listen to it when im not driving, any help would be appreciated

That site is exactly what I needed... thanks for the help guys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.