Need help with x1200m amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

explorerspl
10+ year member

So i just bought a kenwood excelon x1200m amp to push my 18 inch re audio sxd4. wired @ 2 ohms. well it pushed really really weak for about 20 seconds, then went into protection mode. gain wasnt even halfway, and sub control on hu is -5. does anybody know if there is something inside it to go into protection if it isnt getting enough power? im not sure exactly how much im getting, but i have the big three, and a yellow top. also, i have checked, and rechecked every wire inside and outside of the enclosure. Fuses are still intact. im lost, i think its just a p.o.s. does anyone have any experiences with this amp?

not sure. didnt have time to check it. but im agreeing with you. just put a friends polk 880 in my truck, same wires and everthing, and it slammed, hard.... looks like 12.4-12.6 with the polk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.