Need help with upgrading boat stereo

Participant count
  • Participant list

kbl7td

STL
Hey guys I have a 38ft Formula power boat that I need some help on to upgrade the stereo. Currently has two amps, clarions apx200.2 and apx400.4, the 4 channel is powering 4 focal 6x9 speakers and the 2 channel is bridged powering two 8in infinity sub's.

My problem is it isn't loud enough and I get terrible distortion when it is jacked up. I also want more bass. Would adding tweeters diff speakers or bigger amps help? I'm not looking for it to jam when I'm running down the lake, just when idling or when we are coved out.

What should I do? You can see in the pics what I have and where I can put additional equipment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.