Be careful of the phone scammers

kingjd7
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Kent Ohio
I just got a call from a guy from Florida, ( I live on the other side of the country) saying that he saw my craigslist add when I was trying to sell some Skar Subs and he asked me if I like Skar. I told him I do and then he said he has a Skar amp he needed to get rid of RIGHT NOW, I asked what model knowing of course I wasn't going to buy it, and he replied "it's a Skar 1500 I paid $480 for it it's new in the box but I need to UNLOAD IT NOW", then he said he would sell it to me for $200 or if I knew anyone that wanted it he would sell it to them. Just to amuse myself I asked if he tried to sell it here and he replied he couldn't because he doesn't have a working number just wifi. (Whatever that means) Here is his number I Googled it and hes a scammer. 1-239-400-1383

All you need is wifi to sell here.

I got lots of people trying to scam me for my ps4 on craigslist. None of them ever tried calling me though.

Ive started trying to scam the scammer but hasnt worked so far.

Will magic Jack give the number out multiple times or are you assigned a number permanently?
It cost extra to purchase a permanent number.

You can get the same from skype and also google voice but google is free for us calls and you get a permanent number of your choice free.

I just got a call from a guy from Florida, ( I live on the other side of the country) saying that he saw my craigslist add when I was trying to sell some Skar Subs and he asked me if I like Skar. I told him I do and then he said he has a Skar amp he needed to get rid of RIGHT NOW, I asked what model knowing of course I wasn't going to buy it, and he replied "it's a Skar 1500 I paid $480 for it it's new in the box but I need to UNLOAD IT NOW", then he said he would sell it to me for $200 or if I knew anyone that wanted it he would sell it to them. Just to amuse myself I asked if he tried to sell it here and he replied he couldn't because he doesn't have a working number just wifi. (Whatever that means) Here is his number I Googled it and hes a scammer. 1-239-400-1383
Skar Audio is in Florida, maybe it was Kevin the owner of Skar who is making those calls trying to fraud people :/

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.