Need help with system setup in a 2011 Tundra (crewmax)

Participant count
  • Participant list

killa kali

What's up fellas...first post here. I've always had a sound system in my vehicles, but they were cars with trunks...Now that i have a truck, i'm really lost as to what setup to go with. I'm looking for high sound quality and clarity (not annoying rattle and noise). i was thinking about a pair of 10" subs. Space is a concern so i was wondering if you guys recommend any shallow mount subs.

Here's another dilemma I have. I've still got my Rockford fosgate P1000-1bd amp left over from my last system and i'd like to reuse it, but i cant find any 10" subs that can handle that much power. I've also got a Rockford Fosgate P400-4 that i plan on running with my components. Should i scrap the two amps i have and just start fresh? (i've heard that RF quality has gone down the drain too). I'd really appreciate the help here; if i'm going to spend my money, i'd like to spend it on quality stuff that i'm going to be happy with and that's going to last.

My buddy works for Best Buy and gets great discounts on car audio stuff there. Are there any subs/components they sell that's worth my hard earned money? My friend is trying to tell me that Kicker is awesome but i've heard nothing but negative things about them LOL He also recommends Polk for my components...is he full of it? haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.