Need help with SQ subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Destroyerzx1
10+ year member

alright so my brother has a JL 750/1 and is running a pioneer slim 12 sub with a JL 8w7. I tried My 12w6 in place of his 12 and it hit pretty good could have been louder but was only running 300 rms. He has a jeep Cherokee he wants a sub that hits the lows harder then his current sub, but something with rms around 400 or so. He plans on running the JL amp at 7 ohms so that he can get 428 watts at the 12 and 8 will get 321 watts. he needs a sub that is either dual 2 ohm or single 4 ohm. he'd like to use the box that his pioneer is in which is a sealed .8 cubic foot box with a mounting depth of 9". he's looking for a SQ sub and has a budget of $250 what do you guys recommend?

he's currently looking at an RE SEX12D2, I've heard a mtx 12 7500 series sub about 7 years ago and for the price they sound really good in my opinion but they discounted that model do you know what the replaced it with?

budget is $250 and the 8 is for the mid bass. just need a decent 12 the replace the pioneer. he wants to keep his old box so it will be goin in a sealed box of .8 cubic ft

Cool now throw the 8 away.

You came here for advice on how to improve upon the system...you have a few things screwed up just from the description u gave of the the setup.

You still won't get the performance you could be getting.

Cool now throw the 8 away.
You came here for advice on how to improve upon the system...you have a few things screwed up just from the description u gave of the the setup.

You still won't get the performance you could be getting.
I didn't get any advice was the problem at no point did anyone recommend a 12 not helpful. not everyone is looking for what your looking for in a sound system keep that in mind.

I didn't get any advice was the problem at no point did anyone recommend a 12 not helpful. not everyone is looking for what your looking for in a sound system keep that in mind.
No one looks to spend money and still be dissatisfied. That's where this is headed.

Idmax 12. Honestly though you can't expect more bass out of a .8cu/ft sealed box especially that combo. Also I'm guessing .8 without the sub...

Dude just do a Google search and see how many SQ cars have an eight and a 12 in the back... Lol. As said before midbass should come from a good door install. While you're there you should've just googled SQ subs also. :)

And your brother wants to keep that box that was for a shallow mount sub... SOOOO NOT GONNA WORK BRO!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.